1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Banned members?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Ivon Denosovich, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I have no idea what forum this should go in so this was my random choice. Why is it that some members say banned? I'm guessing this means their posting privileges were suspended for a period. What causes this to happen?

2. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Some people have been banned for being downright nasty.

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

The first Sticky at the top of this section--Actions of the Administrative Council--will give you a clue to some bannings.

Darron is right, though. Many of the bannings are for personal attacks, questioning someone's salvation, or just plain being obnoxious.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    hmm - I think I may have seen that happen a few times.

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm none the wiser for reading the BB's council's announcment - what on earth is 'millennial exclusion'?

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

It's a name or nickname applied to a strange teaching which says that Christians who commit certain sins after becoming Christians will not go straight to heaven, but will spend a thousand years in hell first.

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Everyone who has been banned has broken one or more of the "posting rules" they agreed to when they applied for membership.

You can read them here if you didn't read them when you joined:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/postingrules.html

8. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh. A new one on me. Garbage, clearly. Which denominations believe this?

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

The posters who expounded this teaching and were banned were claiming to be Baptist.

10. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

Yes, but not all those who have "broken" one or more of the posting rules has been banned.

11. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good grief, we've all broken the rules around here from time to time, but the difference with the recent bannings was that those who were banned were warned repeatedly that they were about to be banned if they did not cease and desist from their unacceptable postings.

They ignored the warnings.

12. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

So you know for a fact that every single one of the people banned were given an explicit warning and given them "repeatedly"? Or is this your assumption?

Either way that wasn't my point. My point again was, all those that were banned broke one or more of the rules (as is being reported and I accept that report) but not everyone that has broken one or more rules has been banned. That alone is was and is my point. Take it however you wish. I am not interested in a conflict with you about bannings and so on.

13. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't mean to strike a nerve there, brother.....:flower:

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is a fact. And, in fact, I warned personally warned them many times. Now, if you look at the title of this forum it is: Christian Debate Forum, and this one specifically for purpose of Other Christian Denominations. If you are concerned about anyone being suspended or banned I suggest you pm or email the administration. This is not a debate topic and not germane to this forum. The rules are not up for debate. You agreed to them. We hope that you will abide them. Those that "continually" flaunt the rules will eventually be suspended and then be banned. It is that simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.