1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptism in the Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I know what the Bible says. I asked you to show me where the Bible says what you say. Show me where in the Bible it says the Ninevites were God’s children, as you say they were.
    You should not ever say that you do not serve the same God as I do. Jesus Christ himself saved me. I have a powerful testimony. Nothing you can say or do can take it away.

You say the Ninevites did not follow God’s laws and you speak your own words and not God’s.

If all anyone had to do was just believe in God, then why did the Jews have to do ceremonial washings? Why did they have to do circumcisions? Why did they have to observe special days? Why did they have dietary laws? Why did they have to give sin offerings? Answer that!

So now, are you still conceding that they converted to Judaism, or have you flip flopped your beliefs again?

Do not tell me what I think.

A Gentile can convert to Judaism.

In the Old Testament, God required His people to do certain things, or they would be cut off.

You deny that by what you are arguing.

Are you denying that the Jews were God’s children?

Are you denying that the Jews had a written code with regulations just to worship God?

Are you denying the fact that the Bible says the Gentiles were separate and without God in the world?

Are you denying the fact that the blood of Jesus, his flesh, the gospel is what brought the Gentiles near to God?

If you deny any of those things, then you deny the Truth.

How did they have remission of sins? The Bible says if there is no shed blood then there is no atonement for sins.

Are you discounting all the Jews had to do just to worship God? Answer yes or no.

If the Gentiles were saved by faith alone in the Old Testament, as you say they were, and they did not shed blood for their sins, then Jesus shed his blood for nothing, according to your logic.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why would Jesus tell a Jew that he must be born again if he were already a SPIRITUAL child of God?

Nicodemus was a ruler of the Jews, a teacher of the law, a Pharisee who observed the laws of God as good as any Jew. If he were already a SPIRITUAL child of God by observing the Law then why would Jesus tell him he must be born again?

If this is true of the Jewish leaders how much more the common Jew?

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Speak up what you are trying to get at.

There are those who believe and obey God.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

God’s children and chosen people were the Jews.

The Jews had to do the works of the law. They had to be circumcised, they had many things to do just to worship God, and they had sin offerings.

There were Jews who, for instance, gave sin offerings, because law required it, but they were not sorry for their sins. They did not love God. They did not have faith in God. Again, they did what the things the law required them to do, because it was the law.

In the New Testament, the New Covenant, God cut off those Jews, the remnant He saved because of their faith.

Jews no longer have to do the works of the law like circumcision, sin offerings, observance of special day, etc., and Gentiles do not have to do those things. However, we do have to get Jesus’ teachings and obey them.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are ignorning the question! Why did Jesus tell a law keeping Jew BEFORE the cross that he must be born again (Jn. 3:3-9) if simply being a jew/Israelite and simply keeping the law and sacrifices were sufficient to save them???

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Quit ignoring the questions. Quit side stepping the questions. Answer the questions.

Originally Posted by The Biblicist
    Are ALL HUMANS born into this world as "enemies of God, and children of wrath"?

Was Abel, Seth, Noah, Shem, Abraham born into the world as "enemies of God, an children of wrath"?

Were all Israelites from the twelve children of Jacob till now born into this world as "enemies of God and children of wrath"?

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop it, I am not ignoring the question.
    I already explained to you that just keeping the law was not sufficient.
    The Spirit gives life to spirit. Jesus’ words are Spirit, and they are life. See John 6:63.
    Nicodemus did not understand about obeying Jesus’ words and being born again by them.
    Again, in the Old Testament, a person had to give sin offerings, but a person could give sin offerings and not really be sorry for their sins. God did not like that when people did that.
    However, take for instance if someone obeys Jesus by forgiving others, that is a teaching if they obey changes them, and obeying Jesus’ teachings will work all the way through a person, changing them to the likeness of Christ.

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I answer your questions.

That question should not just be answered with a yes or a no without any kind of explanation.
    Children are not born into the world committing all kinds of sins, sins like murder, stealing, adultery, etc.
    Again, children are not born into this world committing all kinds of sins.

The Bible says about the Old Testament righteous that there is none righteous and who do not never sin.

We also know that there are unbelievers who do nice things; for example, they do love those who love them, etc.

There are people who do things that are right, and when they learn about Jesus, they come to the light and so that it may be seen plainly that what they do has been done through God. They give God the credit and thanks. They are sorry for their sins that they have done.

Then there are the people who do learn about Jesus, but they do not want to give up the evil that they do, so they do not come to God and give up sins and do what Jesus says.

#68 Moriah, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

So you wouldn't say what Christ said, or agree with him when he said:

"THERE IS NONE good BUT ONE and that is God"

Jesus was speaking to a Jew who professed to keep all the commandments of God from his youth up and who was seeking eternal life. Woud you say that to such a Jew? You would you say that to ANYONE?

You believe there are some natural born human beings that are born into this world as "good" because you go on to say:

We also know that there are unbelievers who do nice things; for example, they do love those who love them, etc. - Moriah

Christ said there is "NONE" but you say there are SOME that do "nice things?"

Do you think Christ lied when he said there is only ONE that is Good and NONE others? "There is NONE good BUT ONE"?????

Do you know the difference between the word "NONE" and the word "SOME"??

So you wouldn't say what Paul said, or agree with when he made the repeated absolute statements:

"THERE IS NONE good, no, NOT ONE"

"THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, no, NOT ONE"

Do you know the difference between the words "NOT ONE" and "SOME"? Do you know the difference between "NONE" and "some"???

You would say there is SOME good and there are SOME righteous and so Jesus and Paul simply were wrong in making such ABSOLUTE and UNIVERSAL statements that excluded all but ONE, which is God??????

So you don't make any distinction between the sinful nature from whence sins like murder, stealing, adultery come from and those sins themselves.

You think SINS simply occur instead of being the fruit of a sinful nature all men are born with?

So you think they are born into this world righteous but will eventually sin? You don't believe they are born with a sinful nature and condemned already because they are sinners BY NATURE and that is why they eventually sin???

#69 The Biblicist, Jun 7, 2012
  10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NONE of the OT believers in God were in the Church, Body of Christ, as he had not yet come to die as atonement for sins, and the Holy Spirit had not yetcome as he did at pentacost!

there were saved under Old Covenant, while we were saved under the New Covenant...

Isreal saints saved unto God, but we in NT Church are under a newer/surer/superior Covenant, as we have what they could not and did not have, permenant presense of the Holy spirit indwelling, and new natures from God!

And the Church was not in the OT, but was established officially by God at pentacost, and there is just ONE body/bride of Christ, the "Church" but many seperate parts to it on earth, in "local churches/assemblies"

#70 Yeshua1, Jun 7, 2012
  11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop making up stuff that I do not say or believe. When you say everyone is born evil, you give the wrong ideas to others. Babies are not born into the world doing all sorts of sins, as your beliefs imply one to think. You do not sound like you are sound when you say it in such a way.
    We are all born needing to learn about God. We are all born inclined to the negative, to the sinful way.

I say what the Bible says.

You stray easily from things said. How do you get that people do nice things to there are those born good without God?
    You are in an imaginary state of mind if you really think that there are unbelievers who never do anything even remotely nice. Jesus said the ungrateful and wicked love those that love them! Is it nice to love those who love you? Think about it. There are unbelievers who take care of their children, feed them, help others, etc., but they may be a Hindu, a Buddhist, an Atheist. You have been so indoctrinated by Calvinism you cannot see right.

Only God is good. When one does good, it is through God.

All good is from God. When an unbeliever does something good, they do not glorify God, they do not show that it was done through God. See Romans 1:21, and John 3:21.

Paul is quoting scripture that says there is none righteous and WHO NEVER NOT SIN. You do not know the scriptures. Look up what Paul is quoting from the Old Testament.

We are born of the flesh, we are not born already knowing what hate and murder is, and lust and adultery, but we will soon know those things naturally.

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

you really can't discern between a sinful nature and sinful acts can you? Babies are born with a sinful nature and LATER that nature is expressed by sinful deeds.

You are one messed up individual! I don't doubt you have a powerful salvation testimony but whether it is Biblical or not that is rather doubtful in my opinion. Oh yes, I realize my opinion means nothing to you.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have, at least three times now. If I show you a hundred times you still will not believe me. That is true isn't it?
    No, you serve a God who is partial to others, as you said. He is not a fair God, but a biased God. I don't believe that. The God of the Bible is just and fair. Abraham said about God: "Shall not the God of all the earth do just?" I believe in Abraham's assessment of God, not yours.

When the Ninevites became saved, that is when the repented and believed Jehovah, they became God's children. God was not partial. He accepted them as their own. You can be biased and partial against them. But God is not.
    Neither did Enoch. Yet he walked so closely to God that God took him straight to heaven without Enoch ever dying. He was saved by faith.
    They obeyed God because they were saved, not in order to get saved. There were those Jews that demonstrated by their actions that they were not saved, like Eli's two sons.
    I never said that. Look, don't you believe the Scriptures? Apparently not!
    Look what the Scriptures say concerning Ruth:

Ruth 1:16-17 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

This is Ruth's salvation testimony. She testified that the God of Naomi was her God. She was a believer. She had never kept any of the laws of Judaism. She was not officially accepted into Judaism. She was a Moabitess by birth, not a Jew, and in that respect would always be ethnically a Moabitess, and never from the Jewish nation. One cannot change their ancestry or their genetic make-up. She was not a Jew by birth--of the Jewish nation. She would always be a Gentile by birth. But she would be a believer by faith. Her salvation testimony is given before she ever converted to Judaism.
    But if he is from Ethiopia he will always have black skin, not the olive skin of the Jewish nation. He can't change that. He will never be a part of the Jewish nation by birth.
    They would still be of the nation of the Jews. They would still have that heritage. What other nation would they belong to?
    You just did.
    Christians have a written code. It is called the NT. We both are saved by faith.
    Jews are separate and without God in the world until they come to God by faith. Eli's two sons were without God.
    Jesus blood was shed for all men including the Jews. When John said: "Behold the lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world," he was speaking to Jews.
    Then you are admitting that you deny the truth??
    OT believers look in faith toward the cross; NT believers look in faith back to the cross.
    They simply had to believe by faith, just as we do.
    Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
    --Abraham believed God; Abraham was saved. That is how simple it is.
    Jesus shed his blood for all, including OT believers.

It is your logic that is very strange.

#73 DHK, Jun 7, 2012
  14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop making stuff up when you debate me. Show me what I have said that means I cannot discern between a sinful nature and sinful acts.

You reject the Truth. I take the time to discuss carefully and deeply with you, and get brute attacks by you.

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Don't you read your own objections that I am responding to??:BangHead:

you would not recognize truth if it slapped you in the face and looked you directly in the eyes. I have never dealt with a person so blinded in all my born days.

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You have not shown where a scripture says, “The Ninevites are God’s children.”

If the Ninevites obeyed God’s laws, then they became like the Jews.

Whether or not the Ninetives were now called God’s children or not, it does not give support to your beliefs that all Gentiles were saved and were God’s children. God had laws that His children were commanded to do. They had to do what God said to do. They had the law to obey, they had to atone for their sins with shed blood of animals.

Your lies do not affect my relationship with God. God said for His people to do certain things, or they would be cut off. Jews were cut off. Now do you deny this or not?

Did they atone for their sins with blood, as the Jews did?
    Did they get circumcised?
    Where they allowed to go the Temple and synagogues?

Romans 4:15 because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

Romans 5:13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.

You are wrong. Jews that obeyed the law of works still were cut off. Remember the Pharisees and teachers of the law!

I believe the scriptures. You deny them and twist them.

Do you think Ruth did not obey God’s law when she says your people will be my people and your God my God?

You said, “Before she ever converted to Judaism.” You see, more flip-flopping.

A Jew is one inwardly.

He was not speaking to the Gentiles yet. LOL
    The Old Testament believers obeyed God too. They had an earthly Temple and obeyed the written code with its rules and regulations just to worship God.

LOL I cannot believe what you are saying. Take note everyone, DHK says the Jews just had to believe and not obey the law.
    The Jews had to obey God! Christians have to obey God. You teach something that makes Satan grin.

#76 Moriah, Jun 7, 2012
  17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I do not like your spirit. Keep banging your head and being a brute foul-mouthed person.

This is a good bye for me.

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I hope you keep your promises!:thumbs:

19. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

As before proved. The Baptism in the Spirit has nothing to do with spiritual union between individuals and God as that was the condition of all people of God both Jews and Gentiles previous to Pentecost.

This is an INSTITUTIONAL immersion into the shikinah glory of God as previously seen in regard to the both former public houses of Worship.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jonah 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

Jonah 3:5-6 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them. For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
    Like Enoch, Noah, Adam, did? Why should they become like Jews? That is your messed up theology.
    Nowhere in the Scriptures does it say that.
    Rahab the harlot was saved by believing in God, not by shedding the blood of an animal. The same is true for Abraham and Ruth. Do you really study your Bible? I never said that all Gentiles are saved! Where do you get that idea. Those who call upon the name of the Lord (Rom.10:13) shall be saved. You do believe the Bible don't you?
    By lineage and descent he still remained a Jew. You don't seem to understand that. He may have been spiritually cut off, but not physically cut off. That is impossible. Can the Ethiopian change his skin?
    Can the Jew change his? You think they can.
    Did you?
    Christ died for the sins of the world: yours as well as theirs. Adam, Enoch and Noah never went to the Temple and synagogues, and neither did the Ninevites. They weren't required to, but they were all saved by faith. Are you, Moriah, saved by faith or by works. If you are not saved by faith and faith alone, then perhaps you are not saved at all.
    Adam sinned. There has been law ever since Adam. You misunderstand these verses.
    I am not wrong.
    The Jews obeyed God because they were saved, not in order to get saved.
    Thus it is written: "Not all Israel is Israel." Only a part of Israel was true and believing. They all didn't believe. A whole generation perished in the wilderness, because of their unbelief.
    Yes, but only after she was saved; only after she made that confession faith, while she was yet in Moab. You have demonstrated your confusion and lack of Bible knowledge.
    1. She will always be a Gentile by her ethnicity.
    2. She converted to Judaism by her faith.
    3. Because she trusted God, she, a Gentile, became part of the ancestry of Christ.
    No, he was speaking to the Jews, and he said to the Jews:
    Look, there is the Lamb of God, the Messiah, who will take away the sins of the world. Not just of the Jews, but of all the world, Gentiles included.

LOL I cannot believe what you are saying. Take note everyone, DHK says the Jews just had to believe and not obey the law.
    The Jews had to obey God! Christians have to obey God. You teach something that makes Satan grin.[/QUOTE]
    Jesus said to the Samaritan women:
    "Salvation is of the Jews"
    He also said: "They that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth."

Salvation is not of works, as you are falsely teaching.
    Your a teaching a religion that is no better than Hinduism or Islam.
    Salvation, both in the OT and in the NT is by faith in God. It is by faith and faith alone. Romans 4:3--Abraham was saved by faith alone.
    Eph.2:8,9 emphasizes that we are all saved by faith and faith alone. If you teach another gospel the Bible says that you are accursed.