1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptism

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Hercules, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

I forgive and also apologize to you. We both behaved badly.

I do hope we can continue to "argue" the merits of scripture and doctrine, and not argue personalities.

Normally, when one wants to include the post of another in his/her post, one presses the "quote" button, then in the resulting window, one adds their commentary after the "close quote" which is the bracketed word "/quote". That leads ones thoughts from the quoted text directly into the "posters" added thoughts for continuity.

It is also appropriate to "copy" and "paste" the specific thought one wishes to comment on. Using this method, one should "select" the appropriate text, do a "copy", then at the bottom of the page, press the "post reply" button which produces the new blank page. Just below the "message:" window, there are several buttons. Click on the "quote" button and both opening and closing quotes are entered in the message window. Put your cursor between them and "paste" the copied material. Then move your cursor to just behind the close quote and begin your comments. That makes for an easy to follow thought.

If you wish to make a "bulleted list", press the "list-start" button. the List start will appear in the message window. Then for each item you wish to list, press the "list-Item" button. A smaller window will open and you can type or paste the item you wish to include in your list. You will need to press the "list-Item" button for each item that you list. When your list is complete, press the "List-End" button, and the 'list end' will control will appear in the message window behind your last list item. The result after you "add reply" is a very neat bulletized list of items.

I hope this helps you with your posting.

God Bless!

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hi Lewis, My Papaw Weldy and my husbands Grandfather and Great Grandfather were all train men. My Papaw Weldy lost his left thumb to a train. He was a brake man. My husbands' great uncle was a lineman and his father was the conductor. He saw his son run over and killed by the train he was on. I love the sound of a train whistle in the night. It's almost mournful but reminds me of the men I loved so much! Grandpa Alcorn was a welder and built dining cars.

Diane in (middle) Georgia

3. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Os,

Good to see you here! [​IMG]

4. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Likewise Michael, look forward to seeing your wisdom!

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Thanks, Os; I hope you don't have to look too hard for it! ;) :D