1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist and Free Mason

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Romans7man, Dec 24, 2011.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes...and a calvinist to boot :) Just had a thread on this a couple weeks back that I thought you were involved in :confused:

2. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Then would it be OK to be a Mason if you were predestined???

3. Romans7man

Romans7man New Member

I am well familiar with the Lodge, as I once was in it. I have read everyone's posts and can appreciate your input. But I was just wanting to know if any particular Baptist sect will not allow membership in their church if one is a mason or those like the masons. From what I'm gathering, it is probably more up to each congregation.
    I have read some things on where the Independent Baptist don't like them, but don't know if they reject them as a whole.

I am a SBC member and am thinking of leaving because so many, if not all, SBC have masons in them. Ours does as well. I would not question their integrity as a person, but I just don't think a Christian should be involved in the Lodge and I don't think we should put a stamp of approval on it either.

Any input is appreciated. Again, Thanks.
    Dell

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

As far as I know there is none. You may find a local Baptist church that forbids them to join, but I know of no sect of Baptists that have that in their creed.

5. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

NO Christian, not just Baptist, should EVER have dealings with the masonic Lodge, as their group is extremely cultic, and has doctrines from the occult residing in it!

6. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Has anyone noticed that the Masons don’t have as much influence as they used to? Back in the 1960’s several of my high school teachers were Masons. There were active local chapters of Demolay and Rainbow Girls. Two of the deacons in our small church were Masons. They had influence that extended beyond the Lodge.

Today I belong to a much larger church and it has no high profile members who are Masons, maybe none at all. The Demolays and Rainbow Girls are gone from our town and I don’t know a single person of prominence who is a Mason. When they have their funeral rituals, they have great difficulty rounding up enough men to do it. In short, they have zero influence in my community.

Is this something that is happening all over or is it unique to my part of the world?

7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think masons still strong in rural America, as I grew up in farmlamds MT, and had many who were part of the Lodge over in the larger city!

8. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

So maybe it's just my part of the world where they are on the decline. Come to think of it, the Elks, the Odd Fellows and a number of organizations are also on the decline in my town. Even the country club has taken a hit. Dan Brown's book The Lost Symbol of course is fiction, but if it has any basis in truth, the Masonic Order is alive and well at the highest levels in the District of Columbia.

I would hesitate to make membership in any organization off limits to members of my church but I can't see how anyone who claims to be a Christian would show the slightest interest in the Masons.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: