1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist and Lent?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Gang,

Is there anyone out there who is Baptist who would admit to keeping/or having kept Lent either now or in the passt? [​IMG]

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I'm a Baptist, but I come from PA Dutch / Lutheran roots. So my daughter and I made up a batch of potato donuts last night just because this was Fastnacht Day!

But, I have been known to go meatless on Fridays and particularly on Good Friday. My husband was brought up Lutheran and requests that we do so on Good Friday because "it's the right thing to do." So I have always honored that.

Do I think it matters to God? In the strict sense, no. But then anything we do that acknowledges the Lord's sacrifice, and brings it to our recollection, is surely of some value to US.

3. superdave

superdave New Member

I used to work in a restaurant with a Friday Night All you can eat Fish fry special. With most of the town being some variation on a protestant denom, during Lent the place would be packed out. I don't know, I always considered fish to be meat, maybe its just me