1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptist Board

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DFG, Apr 19, 2013.

1. DFG

DFG New Member

I don't post much but I see most all the posts. Some things, however need to be addressed. First before anyone asks, though it has nothing to do with this statement, I am Southern Baptist. What's going on with all the bickering etc. What happened to God's command to love everything and judge those with mercy. A lot of responses etc. get totally bashed as does the initial threads. It just looks bad when a new Christian sees this mess. Not singling anyone out as I see it from a lot of people. There is even another denomination forum, yet things just keep going back and forth.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Put 10 Baptists in a room and you get 12 opinions

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Yeah, I see it too. One of the reasons I don't post much. I'm probably taking a chance just agreeing with you. When I first joined years ago, I had hoped this would be a better resource - being "connected" with brothers and sisters out there, but quickly found out posting honest questions or requests for insight, or even sharing a trial could get you into hot water with many of the regulars here.

There are exceptions, however. Several people here have been very helpful to me in times when I needed council or encouragement.

But overall, most of this board is for debate, and people do tend to get personal. Regretable.

4. mactx

mactx New Member

I wander in and out.I go my own way for a while then pop back in. The arguing and bickering, especially over no Bible topics also gets to me. So I go away again.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONLY if the Lord had foreordauin that number amount to happen!

6. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

See?!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And THERE you have it...the Calvinists always show up!

DFG...we can never control what the others are apt to say or do....only how we ourselves will act. Each of us have a unique opportunity to have an impact for the Lord here (as well as elsewhere) but we must contribute in order to do that. We just need to keep our eyes on Jesus instead of on the people around us lest we get discouraged. We all have an opportunity here to be "salt and light" on behalf of our Saviour. Don't let what you read discourage you. You just might have to grow some "thick skin" to participate here....but it is worth it. I have learned much and found it necessary to dig into my Bible frequently to post and participate here. That CAN'T be a bad thing. Stick around (but beware of the the Calvinites!:laugh:)

Bro.Greg:saint:

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    quote]As do the KJVO!
    Which is fine, hey, don't we baptists allow for individual viewpoints, not a strict rigid denominational stance?[/quote]

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    quote]As do the KJVO!
    Which is fine, hey, don't we baptists allow for individual viewpoints, not a strict rigid denominational stance?[/quote]

So its to be expected that we tend to get into some interesting discussions here, as we are fulfilling the mandate of 'iron sharpening iron!"

9. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Well...actually...

So its to be expected that we tend to get into some interesting discussions here, as we are fulfilling the mandate of 'iron sharpening iron!"[/QUOTE]

Well....actually....YES...Amen to that! We actually have a consensus!!! However...since we are sharpening the iron here:laugh:...let me add that Baptists (at least Bible Believing ones) are NOT a denomination primarily but rather a Biblical teaching and truth. Protestants are denominations....Baptists are NOT protestants. Have a nice day!

10. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

OP

Real Christians must keep in mind always that God has allowed the TARES to exist among the WHEAT and there are many who are SHEEP'S IN WOLVES clothing, so not everyone who says "Lord, Lord" is of God....discern the spirits and do what God wants you to do and not stoop down to their level and you should be fine

#10 Matt22:37-39, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
  11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Best advice on this thread for "real" participation!
    Just don't let the false sheep obstruct/obscure your leading by God.

12. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

WHOOPS meant to say MIND...lol

13. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

LOL, because just like kids and siblings we can't be together in the same place at the same time without someone starting something. :D But not me. I'd never ever start any up with any mischief. ;)

14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a MINE Field in here!

I used to get my feelings hurt. In fact, I took things too personal, but, I've learned that there are many on this board who see things differently, and the only one who can straighten all of out on the many arguable issues if God Himself.

I look forward to the surprised looks and confounded sighs that will come when all of us reach heaven and see it is nothing like we argued, down here, how it would be. :smilewinkgrin:

Just hang in there. Your opinion is as valuable and sound as the other person's opinion. Even if they don't agree with you, that would be their problem, and there is no need to lose sleep over what another person thinks or believes. After all, the only opinion that counts or matters to me is the one God has.

#14 righteousdude2, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
  15. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DFG, it's probably a need on the part of some for that special and personal recognition. We all like to be praised which is, as you know, a trait the evil one is quick to use it against us.

16. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

There are also those who simply cannot play well with others.

17. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

One would expect debate in the debate forums. However, there are a few folks here that think:

1) they are ALWAYS right.
    2) they are God's tool to correct and instruct the rest of us.
    3) don't have the decency and honesty to admit when they are wrong.
    4) some people are so pig-headed, they MUST argue about EVERYTHING and every subject.

My suggestion: place such people on your IGNORE LIST.

Also, understand that I am someone who is quite sarcastic and (maybe even) humorous, so you'll see some weird stuff from me.

18. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

and 27 interpretations. :)

19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

No- 33 interpretations according to Bresler Baptists.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    most of the time its an intolerance to another persons faith beliefs.....accompanied by proof texts that makes one person correct & everyone is wrong, or another way of saying it, your un-scriptural, your apostate, your a heretic, I reject your scriptural basis because mine is right & yours is wrong :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3: