1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Bumpkin's Brainstorm: Bible Bonfire

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Okay, now it's personal. She's a great personal hero of mine. In fact, her gravesite is near me, and I'm one of the people who take turns to clean her headstone.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

#22 Mexdeaf, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Webster's 1828 Dictionary (Rev. Grizzard cites this dictionary repeatedly on his website):
    emphasis added :laugh:

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Book burning is Scriptural.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you mean scroll burning?

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

If you, and others, are as inclined to worry about the Church as you are to criticize this man in overalls you should worry about heretics such as Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen and their heretical Word Faith movement . These people have an audience of hundreds of thousands. How many does the "Amazing Grace Church" have?

Iffen my recollection is kerrect the only Apostle with a formal eddication wus Paul. An he tole ussens:

1 Corinthians 1:26. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

#26 OldRegular, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

In Acts 19 they burned witchcraft books. But, what this church is doing displays nothing but pure ignorance. Aaron, you plan on joining them of something?

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many times have KJO folks said other versions were demonic? Why does it surprise you that one fella would burn what they say are demonic scrolls?

The criticism against this person in this thread isn't his doctrine, it's the sinful, irrational fear of what the world will think (and a snobbish critique of his appearance and manner of speech.)

9. sag38

sag38 Active Member

You are actually defending this guy who makes Christians look like stupid buffoons? And yes, I do criticize his doctrine to include the false KJVO extremism to the point of burning other translations. Again, are you planning on being there to enjoy the BBQ chicken?

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Did they really? Because I saw her on the heretic's list! Weird!

11. OldRegular

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

12. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Any man who chooses to accept the mantle of "Pastor" should have at least enough education to know the difference between "emersion" and "immersion" and if he cannot use good grammar, he ought to have someone who can proofread his website.

And yes, we ought to be concerned with what the world will think because it is always crock-pots like this who get the ink and make the rest of us look like ignoramuses also. Not to mention how many people he will lead into thinking the Bible in ANY version is not trust-worthy.

I have NO respect for such a person.

13. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, the church website has a restaurant critic:

14. OldRegular

This man has an audience of 14 and Joel Osteen teaches the Word Faith heresy to an audience of 44,000, not counting the TV audience, and you worry about the impact of the NC pastor. Ridiculous. Aaron is correct in his assessment of the remarks on this thread.

15. TomVols

TomVols New Member

This "church" (and I use this term very loosely) is not burning Bibles based on the TR, yet they're burning the NKJV?

I read the restaurant critic portion of the website. They only endorse restaurants that have menus with "thees" and "eth" at the end of the entree descriptions :tongue3:

Please do not compare the scroll burnings in Acts 19 with what these hucksters are doing. In the former, it was an act of repentance. This is.....well, not.

Gotta love the "in action" photo of the "pastor" on the front of the website. Says a lot, don't you think?

They're buring Southern Gospel (can't blame them there) but have those songs for download?

We need to desperately pray for these people. Only a genuine meeting with Christ is sufficient to mend hearts like these.

16. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The problem is not the 14 people who attend his church, the problem is that our liberal media goes to great lengths to seek out crackpots like these folks and paint them as representative of ALL God's people- narrow-minded, inconsistent, uneducated (and proud of it). Just recently a former member of this board from Arizona (who also pastors a very small flock) was in the national media for praying for Obama to die. This does nothing but harm to the cause of Christ.

We will just have to agree to disagree (agreeably, I trust) on this one.

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

However, this kind of garbage is subscribed to by more than just a couple of hicks in Hickville. You have a lot of people that have been duped by this tripe. So I don't think it's just a media caricature. But it's not the warp and woof of Baptist thought, either.

18. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I really wonder if this is a real church. Or is this something like lark.com that parodies the church.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I'm judging your actions.

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture reference, please.