Baptist College Of Florida

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges / Seminaries' started by Paul1611, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Paul1611

Paul1611
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know anything about the Baptist College of Florida in Graceville Florida? I have looked at the website quite a few times and it looks OK to me, but wasnt sure if anyone here might know anything about it. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician
    Expand Collapse

Paul Response

Paul,

It is an SBC school of the Florida Baptist Conv. It use to be a "Bible College" strictly speaking and still is somewhat. Although it has turned a corner a few years ago and has tried to b/c a "Liberal Arts Christian College" if I have understood correctly. It provides good Bible college education and turns out denom leaders, missionaries, "preacher boys," and lots that go on to seminary and to grad school.

My wife and I have supported them some in times gone by. They are strong in Bible/theology and church related vocations. I would not hesitate to send a daughter/son there. Although, they may not get an outstanding education as far as going into a "hard science" or some such. I think they have a teacher's ed program that is well received if I remember correctly.

For what it's worth (my opinion) and for what the college is I don't think a young person could go wrong with it.

My two cents worth (IMHO!)!

sdg!:thumbs:

rd