1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Colleges in the USA

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Dr. Bob, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From a conservative northern perspective, I could name a handful of Baptist colleges representing our "thinking".

Then there are a number of "colleges" (mostly little local church clone schools that are truly to be pitied) from some the fringe fundamentalists.

And some larger non-denom schools that attract lots of Baptists.

But every week I see NEW NAMES of colleges that I've never heard of BY THE HUNDREDS from the SBC oriented states. Or BMA. I've been sheltered!!

Anyone know of a listing of 4 year Baptist Colleges in the USA? (Don't have to have Baptist in name, but need to be truly Baptist schools and not like Wake Forest, etc)

Tanks

2. Brice

Brice New Member

Here is one link. I didn't do much research on this link, but it might be helpful. No idea how many are RA. http://www.baptistschools.org/

(top of the page click school search)

3. Brice

Brice New Member

It doesn't list many of the bigger non-denom schools such as Liberty, but it does make an interesting list.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    52 colleges (most with 1000+ students) is AMAZING. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF MOST OF THEM!

And Criswell College, Boyce College, etc are not even a part of this group?

5. Brice

Brice New Member

6. Brice

Brice New Member

There really are a LOT of colleges. :eek: I guess it's good if you have kids that want options. It is a good list for a Christian school or youth pastor to have.

7. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello All,

The ASBCS is the organization of all of the Southern Baptist Colleges. My little college has become a member just a year or two ago.

Dr. Bob Agee is a personal friend. He is a good man and would help anyone trying to decide where to go to school if it were in his power.

The SBC has many fine colleges. They run the spectrum from the "Bible College" motif to the full-blown Christian university. It would be hard to match our denomination's offerings. We have it all (IMHO!). It would only be a matter of the young person finding the program and part of the country that matched their interests. Tuitions are probably in the midprice range across the board.

Some of the SBS schools would be a stretch I assume if they were reared in a really narrowly defined and ridged fundamentalist camp where the emphssis was on the "secondary separationists" issues and such. But four years away from that just might do them some good and help them to learn to think for themselves (there I do pontificating again!). Anyway you get the gist of what I am saying.

If I can help anyone out there with any info., I am quite knowledgeable in my own right or could get the necessary information I am sure. Do not hesitate to contact me at your leisure.

FYI!

sdg!

rd