1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Colleges / Seminaries teaching

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by buckster75, Jan 25, 2006.

1. buckster75

buckster75 Member

Ron,
    I agree with you. Now tell me if you don't know at least one Baptist church where it is taught that all believers should tithe and if you don't you are robbing from God.

That was what brouught me to the OP. If it is not being taught in the scools where are all these preachers coming up with this?

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The pastors they grew up under?

Their parents?

Their own faulty interpretation?

A book they read somewhere?

Bad theology comes from all sorts of sources...

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

That isnt taught at our church

4. buckster75

buckster75 Member

I know of 10 Baptist churches that teach tithing within 12 miles of where I live and the church I attend now used to teach it also. These are just the ones I know of. In fact of the Baptist churches I know about in our area ours is the only one not teaching this.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't taught in MY circles. Tithing is 100% legalism of the OT economy/stewardship. If you didn't tithe (+ various other required offerings) you got stoned to death.

It amazes me that Dispensationalist who desperately want to establish a WALL between the Old and New Testament try to break that distinction down when it comes to money.

Can see where the heart is, eh? Money trumps doctrine!