1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Debt Collecters

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by DeeJay, Aug 4, 2006.

1. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Whats up with this are Baptists good at collections?

The headline in the hard copy of the Salt Lake Tribune was:

Baptists to collect overdue debt for SLC librarys.

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4129168

SLC library system to go 'gentle' on the slackers
    By Heather May
    The Salt Lake Tribune

Those agents, by the way, aren't trained in arm-twisting. Unique Management recruits from a Southern Baptist Seminary in nearby Louisville, Ky.

:smilewinkgrin:

2. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Only in America heh! lol!

BTW, cannot believe this board is promoting Kabbalah stuff? On its Google adds stuff.. get it sorted! Talk about selling out! Or just a webmaster who does not care for the Truth. Lets all join a Kabbalah thing....I will burn first before I leave the Truth. FLW!

#2 David Michael Harris, Aug 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that the drill is to notify the webmaster of bad ads so that he can have them blocked. That is how it has worked in the past when a situation such as that has arisen. It's better than badmouthing the webmaster.

4. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Between minsitry postitions, I got a job as an account manager (collections and repos) for a rent to own store. The big selling point that got me the job was that I was a minister. The regional manager thought that would make me perfect for the job. Not sure if it did, but I was grateful for the job.

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I thought the headline in the hard copy was funny.

Baptists to collect overdue debt for SLC librarys.

There has been a rivelry or sorts (maybe a little bit of tension) between Mormons and Baptists since the SBC convention was held here in something like 1999, 2000.

The headline was obviously ment to sensationalize the story a little. I pictured Baptists with clubs waiting to break legs.

"You dont want to pay, Call in the Baptists" :tongue3:

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

The google ads rate based on content of a forum or thread, it picks up keys words and uses ads based on that. Usually we inform the webmaster when we see a not suitable ad so he can get rid of it. You should not criticize until you know there is something to criticize, and in this case there is not, you saw it and negelected to inform the webmaster.