1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist denominations Question.

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by happymom, Jul 27, 2002.

1. happymom

happymom New Member

Hello, I'm new here.
    I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a website that would give a brief description of each of the mainline Baptist Denominations in the US. Ie..SBC vs IFB vs General Baptist ect....
    These descriptions would help me to understand the different (but very interesting) viewpoints I read on these lists.
    Thank you in advance.
    happymom

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, happymom. Welcome to the Baptist Board. [​IMG] First, I would like to recommend that you visit the "Welcome to the Baptist Board.com" forum and introduce yourself to everyone.

I don't know of any site such as the one you seek. But here is a page that has links to differents Baptist groups:
    http://home.sprintmail.com/~masthewitt/baptists/links.html

You may also find a little help in our Baptist Groups in the USA thread. It is in our library in a read only (no further posting) format.

3. boris99

boris99 New Member

You can find all you need to know about the SBC at www.sbc.net.

Regarding IFBs... their beliefs, etc. will vary from church to church (KJV only, music, etc.) but their basic beliefs, practices, etc. will for the most part be similar to other Baptist groups.

4. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

General Baptist web site is :

General Baptist

I hope this is what you wanted.