1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptist distinctives and other denominations

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

The "Dispensations" are

1. THE EDENIC.

2. THE ANTE-DILUVIAN.

3. THE POST-DILUVIAN.

4. THE PATRIARCHAL.

5. THE LEGAL.

6. THE ECCLESIASTICAL.

7. THE MESSIANIC.

8. THE DISPENSATION OF THE "FULNESS OF TIMES."

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is a debate forum for pete's sake!!! Are you offended because you are challenged?!?! That is all Fred did! If that offends you, then you need to go someplace else where people don't challenge what you believe and they simply open their mouths and swallow everything you assert or deny.

3. Steadfast Fred

Thank you Biblicist.

4. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

So much for the great commission...

WM

5. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

Luke 9:3
    New International Version (NIV)

3 He told them: “Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra shirt."

Hmmm...

WM

6. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Come on! You are not even dealing fairly with his statement in the context he made it! The Great commission is directed toward the ungospelized rather than a command to have fellowship parties between gospelized baptized congregations.

The very nature of a congregation "at Corinth" or "at New York" limits its fellowship to those within reasonable distance. It is hard for a congregation in New York to have any kind of practical fellowship with a congregation in Miami much less one located on a different continent or different country.

Besides the Great Commission restricts congregational fellowship to those of like faith and order in the same gospel, same baptism and same doctrine or "the faith" or "the doctrine" once delivered to them as all other "brethren" they are to separate themselves from (2 Thes. 3:6)

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What is that snide remark supposed to mean. The Great Commission was originally left in the hands of eleven men. What did they do? They went and started church, which in turn went and started churches. There were no denominations. The apostle Paul went on three missionary journeys and established over 100 churches. I have been directly involved in missions for most of my Christian life now, directly involved in carrying out the Great Commission, going to nations with the gospel, nations that most people would shrink from. You have no idea what our church does for missions and how much it is involved in carrying out the Great Commission. Excuse me before you respond. I don't want to watch you take both feet out of your mouth. It could be ugly.

#67 DHK, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He also said to those who are going to be his disciple:
    "He that forsakes not all that he has cannot be my disciple."
    Are you a disciple of Jesus, WM?

9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

The manner in which debate is done is what matters; also, whether a comment is truthful or lies and slander. You ought to know about that, as you have done that to me many times in the past, but we came to an understanding of sorts, as did Icon and I in PMs. I tried to do this with Fred, but he won't have it -- so be it.

10. Steadfast Fred

I do not lie or slander your character. I reject your doctrines concerning hell and the afterlife.

As any Christian should.

11. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

All anyone needs to do to see that the preceding by Fred is not true is to read the forum. Comparing me with Satan and denying my salvation are two examples.

12. Steadfast Fred

I have not lied, nor have I slandered.

All that I have attested concerning MW's beliefs are attested by himself on his website... and in posts on this forum.

Slander is a false tale maliciously reported. Since what I have posted is true, I have not slandered at all.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you practice what you preach?
    Hmmmmm

14. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Calling someone apostate, a heretic, denying his salvation, and comparing him with Satan are personal attacks, lies, and slander.

So, since Fred has done all these things, his very post of denial is itself a lie.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Do you really think he does not know this is a debate forum, and that he can go somewhere else if he wants? Who do you think you are to tell him that? Do you really think anyone believes Fred was just trying to challenge his beliefs and not be rude? Do you really think anyone believes you are trying to stand up for what is right and be a peacemaker?
    I think you are the one who thinks we all will just simply open our mouths and swallow everything you assert or deny.

16. Steadfast Fred

The one that is calling people cowards, asses, jackasses, stooges is the one who is slandering. Have a mirror in the house?

#76 Steadfast Fred, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Anyone with eyes can see he said those things after first being attacked.

18. Steadfast Fred

His beliefs were attacked.

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You attacked him personally.

20. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

For a person who is supposed to be a Christian, calling others names is no excuse. And he continues to do so.

His beliefs were challenged and he took offense and instead of coming against the reasons why those beliefs were being challenged, he resorted to ad homenim attacks...attacking the messenger and not the message.
    Not true. Challenging someone's beliefs in a debate forum is not attacking the person, but what the person believes.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.