1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Hall Of Shame

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Mark Osgatharp, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

To go back to the OP, I am saddened by the inclusion of people that I knew or know personally -- those listed who have been associated with Southern Baptist Seminary, for example. Wayne Oates was not a purveyor of psycho-babble; he virtually founded an entire discipline, and I find that his counseling style still serves me well. Glenn Hinson, in your "others" list, continues to open us up to deeper experiences in the spiritual life; he learns from other Christian expressions but remains clearly Baptist.

I could comment about the others, but it pains me when people I cherish are so tarnished.

2. standingfirminChrist

[Off-topic post deleted]

[ May 24, 2006, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: rsr ]

3. His In China

His In China New Member

[Off-topic post deleted]

[ May 24, 2006, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: rsr ]

4. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Moderators:

Could you help us please?

Since this is an old thread, some may think that Mark O. is still out there in hyper-space.

Has he not been disciplined from the BB?

People may be arguing with a "literal" "straw man" and not even know it.

Please advice.

sdg!

rd

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

This was a sad thread at the start. I'd love to see it vanish.

6. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

Sad thread!

I am a five point Calvinist, not because of John Calvin and not because of Charles Spurgeon but because my bible teaches it to me very clearly and cannot be denied! I am so thankful for it and am also thankful for Charles Spurgeon and all the work he did to bring glory to Christ and His death on the cross and never to himself!
    I have to wonder how many of all those that so object to calvinism have truly studied it with the bible in hand!
    I was arminian for 70 years, my father even being a pastor and I have been so very thankful for learning of the doctrines of grace and would so love for everyone to know and understand the true magnificance of our God, His sovereignty, mercy and grace! Soli deo gloria!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.