1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Heaven

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by fortytworc, Mar 29, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  3. Explanation

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

A common joke?? told among Baptists:

Q:"What would you be if you weren't Baptist?

A:"I'd be ashamed!"

When we get to heaven will we all be Baptists?

Is there a Baptist Heaven?

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Another common joke -- this one told by non-Baptists.

A man dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter greets him and gives him a tour of the place. First, he sees a group of people mingling, drinking wine and eating cheese. He asks, "Who are those people?" Peter responds, "Oh, those are the Lutherans." They keep walking and they stumble upon another group, this time eating cookies and drinking lemonade. He asks again, "Who are those people?" Peter responds, "Oh, those are the Methodists."

Then they come to a place with a very high wall -- almost like a fortress. Peter motions for the man to keep quiet. They both tip-toe past this huge fortress wall. Once past it, the man quietly asks, "What's that all about?" Peter responds, "Oh, that's the Baptists. They think they're the only ones here."

3. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Thank you! I'll remember and use that one.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Really? ..............

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I had a pastor who said, "You don't have to be a Baptist to go to heaven, but as long as you're going you might as well go first class." I don't believe there will be separations of people in heaven according to what denomination they were on earth. After all, Jesus didn't start any particular denomination. Denominations are the work of the devil to divide the believers to prevent us from being united. Of course, many denominations are not Christian.