1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptist Pastor Understands Sabbath

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Back to the OP - my question is -- after watching the sermon that this Baptist minister gives - is it apparent that he had read the Baptist Confession of Faith before reading the book "The Ten Commandments Twice Removed"??

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As R.C Sproul and even your own quote proves "to the contrary" they all admit that the 4th commandment was given by God in the actual Bible - points to Saturday.

NONE of those authors goes around arguing that the Israel at Sinai - were all "keeping Sunday".

They all admit that the Bible Sabbath is the 7th day - Saturday and Sunday is the FIRST day of the week. Impossible to miss.

Quote:
    22.7 As it is the law of nature that a portion of time by God's appointment should be set apart for the worship of God, so in his Word he has given a positive, moral, and perpetual commandment, binding all people in all ages. In particular he has appointed one day in seven as a Sabbath to be kept holy to him.1 From the beginning of the world to the resurrection of Christ this was the last day of the week, but from the resurrection of Christ it was changed to the first day of the week which is called the Lord's Day. This is to be continued to the end of the world as the Christian Sabbath, the observation of the last day of the week being abolished.2
    (1) Gen 2:3; Exo 20:8-11; Mar 2:27-28; Rev 1:10
    (2) Joh 20:1; Act 2:1; 20:7; 1Co 16:1; Rev 1:10; Col 2:16-17
    They admit that a CHANGE was made in what the BIBLE states to be the Sabbath day - Saturday. Almost every Baptist on this board today - knows that the Bible Sabbath is Saturday.

The Change was done via man-made tradition NOT a "Commandment" in either NT or OT to "make the change of God's Law".

Rather we have Mark 7 flatly forbidding man-made-traditions the privilege of editing the Law of God.

Each time you seek to make a point here - it is found to be half-true.

Why do that as if you don't think I "will notice"???

We both know that I will indeed notice and will point to the flaw in your argument.

--- at the risk of repeating myself -- we do this "again" only this time with Spurgeon's own edit of the Baptist Confession of Faith and the fact that in the actual BIBLE the Sabbath is the SEVENTH day of the week - Saturday not the FIRST day of the week - SUNDAY.

Quote:
    As it is the law of nature that in general a proportion of time, by God's appointment, should be set apart for the worship of God, so He has given in His Word a positive, moral and perpetual commandment, binding upon all men, in all ages to this effect. He has particularly appointed one day in seven for a Sabbath to be kept holy for Him. From the beginning of the world to the resurrection of Christ this was the last day of the week, and from the resurrection of Christ it was changed to the first day of the week and called the Lord's Day. This is to be continued until the end of the world as the Christian Sabbath, the observation of the last day of the week having been abolished.

=================================

My guess is that if pastor Reggie also saw this next video giving RCC sources on the non-Bible "Change" to the Sabbath - he would feel somewhat confirmed in his idea that man-made tradition should not be allowed to replace the Word of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrB21mc2fmI

click-it.

in Christ,

Bob

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is not too surprising is that there are many Baptist - including some honest souls on this very board - who agree with me that the Sabbath as given in the actual Bible is the Seventh-day - Saturday and that Christ was correct in Mark 7 when He claimed that the law of God cannot be edited or downsized or upstaged by the traditions of man.

On the other hand - I also find agreement with some things said in the Baptist Confession of Faith - where they too admit that the Sabbath commandment as given in the actual Bible points to the 7th day of the week, but then admit that the TEN Commandments are the moral law of God "still" for all mankind STILL and for the saints STILL and that this moral law begins for mankind in Eden. And they also claim that there would need to be a "A CHANGE" to that 4th commandment to bend-and-wrench it to point to week-day-ONE and not God's sanctified, blessed and holy 7th day - because otherwise it still points to Saturday.

It is the combination of the correct views found in BOTH camps above (the Baptist Confession of Faith camp, and the modern Baptist camp) that brings us to MY view.

Taking the good Bible based doctrine - leaving out the incorrect unbiblical doctrine.

Thus when THEY admit that they "Changed" God's commandment - and "Abolished" the actual teaching the actual DAY that God specified - I agree with them - that they actually did/do teach such a thing as if it were a legit thing to do.

=====================
    As it is the law of nature that in general a proportion of time, by God's appointment, should be set apart for the worship of God, so He has given in His Word a positive, moral and perpetual commandment, binding upon all men, in all ages to this effect. He has particularly appointed one day in seven for a Sabbath to be kept holy for Him. From the beginning of the world to the resurrection of Christ this was the last day of the week, and from the resurrection of Christ it was changed to the first dayof the week and called the Lord's Day. This is to be continued until the end of the world as the Christian Sabbath, the observation of the last (Seventh) day of the week (as specified in God's Word) having been abolished.

(Parenthetical inserts stating the obvious -- mine)
    ====================

There is apparently a Baptist pastor that discovered this fact - if not from the Baptist Confession of Faith - then from "The Ten Commandments Twice Removed" -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO8kVXUQ3ZU

I don't know much about this Pastor except what he says in the sermon - apparently he and his congregation have taken a step toward the Seventh-day Baptist POV.

----------------------------------------------------

My point is that he could well have discovered it from the Baptist Confession of Faith if he had read it carefully.

in Christ,

Bob

#23 BobRyan, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is a text that I am sure that the Baptist pastor - Reggie would agree with and would say we should not harp and complain about at the mere post of it.

Mark 7

6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
    7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
    9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
    10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
    11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
    12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
    13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

#24 BobRyan, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Your own logic thwarts your own scheming, Bob Ryan, because by the SAME 'logic' you apply against the Sunday-keepers' 'keeping of the Law', you confute your Sabbath-keeping by keeping of the Law. In principle and in the end there is no difference between you two parties! You both equally rely on and utilise the same Law and Commandment to your own ends.

... just like the Jews do.

Everybody of course can see the two Christian parties are the chancers.
    While all three parties just the same depend on nothing than the Sabbath's Commandment for their 'sabbath', it’s only the Jews who do not show off with a little Christian veneer smeared over the Law. They at least do not profane the Name of Christ in their unpretentious claims on the Commandment for their Sabbath-keeping.

The Jews don't put something extra on the scale next to or into their Sabbath-weight to make it balance with the Law. But while the Sunday-Christians secretly injected their hollow Sabbath-Command with the lead of their false resurrection-day, the Adventists filled theirs with even heavier gold of self-righteousness.

Not one of the three Sabbatharian parties relies on the weight of the worthiness of Christ's Resurrection itself and only, to RAISE THE SABBATH OF THE LORD GOD from the obliviousness of the dead to God's new creation of the New Testament and truly Christian Sabbath Day EX NIHILO—announced and proclaimed "the day The Seventh Day _GOD_ thus concerning SPAKE ... by the SON", "...and it was", so that “…God from all his works, RESTED.”

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is apparently a Baptist pastor that discovered this fact - if not from the Baptist Confession of Faith - then from "The Ten Commandments Twice Removed" -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO8kVXUQ3ZU

He seems to have a sense of relief and joy in finding a position so consistent with the Bible.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    this thread is closed as the OP is banned.

Feel free to start a new thread on this subject

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.