1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptist Preacher Exorcises Demons From Dungeons and Dragon Users--Past & Future

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm going to come back and address the other things you wrote, but I wanted to point to your last line for just a moment...
    Can you honestly say that everything you do is to the glory of God? Everything? If you can, then I would have to label you a liar, as all have sinned and come short of that glory. If you admit that you don't, then you shouldn't be so quick to cast aspersion on those who do something you disagree with.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calypsis4, do you agree with the pastor in the OP that had his congregation do a "repeat after me" prayer of protection against past, present, and future demons and occultic influence? Is that an effective way to combat the agents of darkness?

3. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Answer: I try....sincerely. Do I always do so? No. No one does. But, I am not involved in any aspect of the kingdom of darkness...by choice, by habit. Does that clarify things?

Casting aspersion? I am exposing the game, not throwing stones at those who play it. I haven't called any names or made insults. But there's your prejudice. Christians are commanded to rightly divide the word of God and contend for the faith. We are to expose the works of darkness and reprove them. (Eph. 5:11) Pastors are to call people to repentence whether it involves sinners or believers. But really, I shouldn't have to tell you this

Am I to stay silent on the works of darkness just because you disagree with the conclusions? Pardon the grammar but, 'It ain't gonna happen'.

As far as I can discern things so far, there is only one person in this entire discussion that is honestly trying to arrive at the truth about this matter and that is the poster named "Into the Light", the one who started this thread. May our Lord grant that person the light of truth in this matter.

#63 Calypsis4, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  4. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to know more about that before I answer. Let me look at it again. "protection against future demons"...is what I really question here.

Best wishes.

5. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That dude is HUGE!!!

He needs to preach and study on gluttony.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Pilgram's Progress video game: "Includes familiar enemies such as Beelzebub, Apollyon and Giant Despair. Also introduces new foes!"

http://hopeanimation.com/shop/pilgrims-progress-video-game/

7. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don't know about this fellow, but most of the deliverance preachers who cast out devils publicly are crazy. There are matters concerning human problems that need to be dealt with privately and are not for the whole world to know about. (James 5:14).

I shouldn't have to defend this position. How many Christians would want the whole world to know about their adulteries, or fornications, or homosexuality/lesbian acts, or masturbation, or sex with children, or (still less) bestiality? It's only common sense to keep such things private especially from the ears of children who would be so adversely affected by hearing such things.

This feeling is the reason why I don't follow preachers like Bob Larsen. I admire his courage but not his wisdom in these matters. Plus, I never use crucifixes or holy water. The Word of God and prayer is more than enough to eliminate the forces of darkness from the lives of those who are demonized.

8. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So? It's in the classic book by John Bunyan.

Furthermore, it's in the Bible. Scripture is seen to defeat the enemy. Is that practiced in D & D? Tell us.

9. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a pastor/counselor and have been for nearly 32 years. I help people with the kind of disorder that you have questioned me about.

Furthermore, just for you to know; I am father of five children all of whom accpted Christ when they were children. I am out of debt and have been for over 20 yrs. My congregation is also out of debt. I preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and His love for sinners. My main emphasis is to reach the lost for Christ which the Lord has enabled me to do on numerous occasions both from the pulpit and personally.

The deliverance of demoniac people is seen frequently in the gospels and the book of Acts and Christ's followers were very much involved. So why did you ask me such a question?

Best wishes.

10. matt wade

Of course that is practiced in D & D.

11. matt wade

I'm not sure how the number of children you have, your financial situation, or your main emphasis has to do with having a mental disorder. Are people with 5 children exempt from mental disorders?

12. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir, I don't mean to be unkind, but are you adept at missing the point? I supplied you with information about myself so you could get a better idea as to whom you are inquiring about. But instead of saying, "Thank you for that information", you give me a useless question that goes nowhere.

But to show you I am not avoiding anything, the answer to your query is: No. Having five children has nothing to do with having or not having mental disorders. Neither does being out of debt or the length of time I have been in the ministry.

So before you question me further I wish to know just what you are driving at and why it is you placed that question to me in the first place. Please.

13. matt wade

I have posed the question because of the absurdities that you have written here. I would expect such things from someone with a mental disorder.

14. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not one thing I have stated on this thread (or any other thread) is an absurdity. I have both the scriptures and witnesses supporting what I have said.

But no one made you read those posts and you are free to ignore them if you wish.

Best wishes

15. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote anything in the D & D game in which God's Word the Bible is used to cast out devils in the name of Jesus Christ.

Beyond that, if one doesn't use the name of Jesus Christ then devils are not eliminated from a persons life...at least not permanently.

16. matt wade

We can agree to disagree on this. I find absurdities in many of the things you have written.
    Thanks for detailing my rights on this board, or I may have been forced to read all your posts otherwise.

17. matt wade

I have personally seen people role play in D&D and utilize Scripture in their role playing to cast out demons.

18. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    O.K. But is this suggested or recommended by the games guidlines/instructions or did they arbitrarily do it on their own recognizance? But thanks for the admission that demons are inherent in the game. That's the whole point.

The dialogue of an actual game in action as described by one who was involved in it:

John: Okay, let me see. I have one Cure Light Wounds spell left.
    Steve: Well? Heal me!
    John: Okay, I cast the spell. (John rolls some dice.)You heal seven hit points.

http://www.fansforchrist.org/new/articles/article03.htm

Casting spells? That is what people involved in witchcraft do. Christians who follow the Bible are admonished to prayer and casting spells, being a big part of witchcraft is therefore forbidden. Galatians 5:20.

19. matt wade

Here's another one of those absurdities.

20. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That doesn't matter. One cannot change the truth of it all and you will know what when we all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. If I were to say otherwise and that those things were not, after all, true then I would be a liar.

'Forced'?

Oh, well. Never mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.