1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Predators

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAmilton, Aug 18, 2009.

1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with a website exposing Baptist predators. In fact, because I do love the Baptist corner of the church so, I welcome the attention to any such predators in our midst.

I, too, agree that anyone who harms a child should be executed...slowly and Jack Bauer style.

The problem with the website in question is that it's in response to accusations against the Catholic cult about their molesting priests and, as such, they're not interested in being honest enough to point out that the difference between us and them is that, while there are predators in every denomination, the Catholic cult's problems are institutional and are aided by the leadership of that cult, when they refuse to cooperate with the police, threaten victims, pay off victims for their silence, hide the molestor, or send him to a new parish without informing parents in that parish what they're sending their way.

On the other hand, in every case that I know of where someone in a Baptist church has committed similar acts, they've either been removed from ministry, disciplined even to the point of being put out of the church, turned over to the police, etc.

In other words, the same problem is going on in both religions, it's just that one tolerates it and one does not.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Needed? SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS! We Baptists are so warped in our "independence" that we don't "police" our own.

You show me a pedophile or adulterer or fornicator among Baptist pastors and I will line up to point it out to everyone.

How can be earnestly contend for the faith while being content with allowing charlatans and wolves devour the flock?

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely!

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did Jesus die for you?