1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist The Only True Religion?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lori, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Lori

Lori New Member

But wouldn't it just be easier to *not* form a whole new denomination, but rather a new church if you really do not agree with the one you're at? :confused:

This kinda makes us look prideful... everyone starting up new denoms and saying oh well your doctrine is wrong you are not this religion but a faker, etc. etc.

I know that right now I look like a peacenik, but I'm not trying to. Nor to look liberal either. What I am seeing is what an unbeliever will see and what they will say. It just is disapointing to see so many different sub-denoms. Are other denoms split as much as the Baptists? I'd like to think that if I found a church home that started getting some of the doctrines wrong that so long as they weren't getting the salvation part all messed up I would be able to stay and just tune out the parts that I don't agree with.

P.S. I get that when doctrines are studied and found to be wrong their just plain wrong.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

2. pastorjeff

pastorjeff New Member

That is one of the tough things about carrying the Baptist title. The heritage is a rich one and for the most part true to Scripture. The problem is today Baptist can mean anything, especially among independants.