1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist View on 7 Deadly Sins...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 29, 2010.

?
  1. Lust

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Greed

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Gluttony

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  4. Laziness

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Anger

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  6. Pride

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  7. Envy

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  8. These 7 Sins Can be Controlled Through A Focused Walk With Jesus

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  9. These Sins Can Lead to Other More Egregious Sins

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  10. These Sins Are Expected in a Believers Walk Through this Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks to all of you who have responded to my prior polls. I truly appreciate your honesty, and taking the time to give me your candid opinions.

Just to answer a few concerns about why this poll? Why this Board? I've been collecting numbers on these sins for approximately three years. I've used a few other Christian forums, several secular forums, and thought I'd try you guys out. You may believe you are similar, but, there is enough diversity here to give me some good data.

Of course, these polls are totally unscientific, and I'm just getting the numbers and comments to round out my general opinions which will help in my subject matter in my third book.

I felt if I could back up my assumptions and opinions with some "man-on-the-street" comments, it would help in making my conclusions be more believable.

I am also using some polls taken by the Pew Institute, which I have secured approval to do so, and while their polls and results are more than adequate, I wanted to back up what they gathered with my own questions and results.

This current question is from Crabtownboy. He has brought this up more than once, and I thought I'd present it to you for your opinions. Again, your comments and the results of the poll will not be revealed in anyway in my book. Your privacy, and the privacy of this board will remain in tact at all times.