1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist's and Masons...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TheWinDork, May 13, 2006.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think Dr. Bob has given us a good description of masonry and Pipedude has given us a good description of masons.

I come from a family full of masons, and Pipedude's description fits them to a tee. It's what makes talking to them about it so hard. If it were a false religion like Watchtower then you could go after certain things they believe. But masonry is a moving target. If you criticize their teachings, well either they're just a buch of guys being silly, or else they're connected with great men like Washington and Jefferson and how dare you come against those men? If you criticize the silliness, then it's a serious fraternity with religious affirmations, making great contributions to society and God (the great architect). The end result is they think you're just fanatic to oppose them.

Some of the books mentioned in this thread are helpful, if you can get them to read one of them. I have two uncles that "demitted" after reading some anti-masonry books. But the rest, including my father, will not even consider reading any antimasonry material whatsoever.

2. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Bingo!

What to do? Sometimes I compare it to Santa, although it is worse than that. If nobody considers praying to Saint Nicholas (writing letters) to be pagan, even if he is omniscient and omnipresent and practically omnipotent, how much good will be done by tearing into the issue? We've all heard preachers crying aloud and sparing not over Saturnalia and wreaths and what not, but the first thing that comes to our minds is if he didn't mention it, nobody would know it's pagan. After all, it's just a decoration.

I know I've seen Masons who thought that Masonry is the original religion from which all others, including the one I preached, are derived. When I hammered the issue in public and in private that only the blood of Christ, not good works, can wash away sin, some believed and some didn't. I can hardly believe that the impact would have been strengthened if I'd been attacking Masonry itself as an institution. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think it good to have rules against members being Masons and to have some literature available that politely explains the reasons. But where it is already established among the membership, I really think that caution is the watchword, lest the church be torn up and no real good be accomplished.

3. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

I got the answer for my question about the mission america foundation... from Ed Decker Himself..:

Wow... How sad. :( it sounded like a great program too. :(

-TheWinDork