1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptists in Kansas and Nebraska

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Jun 7, 2010.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

We spent the Memorial Day weekend traveling through these two states. We visted the Truman and Eisenhower libraries, plus the Omaha City zoo. Sunday morning we were looking for a church. At the time, we were not on the interstate, and did not see one Baptist church on any road we traveled in Kansas. After turning north into Nebraska, we noticed the same thing. Is there a strong presence of Baptist churches in these two states, and we just missed them?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lots of wonderful Baptist Churches in both states. They are a little more "rural", so you might have missed them.

I was near the Omaha Zoo and the Strategic Air Command Museum on I 70 in the now-suburb of Papillion, Nebraska. A great Reformed Baptist church (Grace Baptist) that was a blessing to be at.

You may want to do a 'net search for Baptist churches before going thru an area so you can see where to stop on a Sunday.

http://www.baptist411.com/churches/display.php?search=ne&searchID=1 is a list of 85 Baptist churches in Nebraska

http://www.baptist411.com/churches/display.php?search=ks&searchID=1 is 290 Baptist churches in Kansas

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thanks for the info.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't quite figure where 411 gets the info from - I know of 15+ churches in Nebraska not on the list.

Went to Wyoming (hey MY church was there!!) but a number of Baptist churches right in Casper were not on the list.

But it's a starting place. And I'd sure encourage any who are NOT on the list to "sign up" and share your info with them. Free listing.