1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptists in the middle east / Arab world

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by generichaze, Feb 23, 2008.

1. generichaze

generichaze New Member

Ever since I started doing outreach in the middle east I have been involved with various baptist groups there. There is a group called the "free evangelical church" It is a band of baptists that have joined together under this banner years ago. They will soon join the Evangelical Free Church later this year.

I got ordained under the Evangelical Free Church in the States, but am more closely associated with the Free Evangelical Church.

Does anyone know the history of this federation of baptists and how they came up with this name?

Figured, I would ask... I haven't heard too many answers.

:thumbs:

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evangelical

I am not sure about the group you mentioned, but the Bulgarian Baptists group was called the Bulgarian Evangelical Baptist Union. I am not sure if they still carry that name or not. If I remember I will ask some Bulgarian friends here in Prague.