1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptists Many Years Ago

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by rufus, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

It's better than that: I Cor 12:27--Ye (the church at Corinth) are the body of Christ....

Acts 20:28 Paul refers to the Ephesian church as the church, not just a church.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The" or "a" (there is no indefinite article in Greek) doesn't matter as much in relation to "the" church as much as Jesus calling it "my" Church.

What did He mean? Did He mean the local church of Jerusalem or a collection of all the local churches throughout the ages? Does it include the unbelievers sitting in the pews of those local church(es).

My answer - It is that collective Body of believers throughout the NT age who are baptised into Christ and will never suffer the pangs of the second death.

OK its not called by the phrase the "Universal Church" in the Bible but that's my opinionated definition.

Of course one cannot find the phrase the "Sovereignty of God" in the Bible
    either.

HankD

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Read Rev. 2 & 3.