1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptists Only To Include All Chrstians

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Hark, Oct 12, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  3. Only Christians Given Permission By Mods Can; But Can Be Revoked

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. I Don't Know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm Afraid To Vote

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I reckon I was looking at the number of people actively reading the sections in the Baptists Only part of the forum, but thanks for the info regarding the responses, even though that is not exactly the same thing.

That's okay. They have made the suggestion to just make a duplicate title and start my own thread. If the Baptist poster wants to have responses from Baptists, then there is no need to put him or her on the spot to say no.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I shall be content with the status quo.

I am no stranger to alienation anyway.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

You could always convert to Baptist...

3. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of all the denomenations around, I would... but... apostasy is abounding...it did not spare the Baptists church in my local area.

Plus, I am persecuted in a way that no one would believe it as my enemies are adept to sowing discord wherever I go; workplace, church, restaurants, & even the theatres.

I find myself relating to the Psalmists alot as I do thank the Father in Jesus's name for helping me walk thru this valley of death as He is keeping me still.

It's okay. I am in His body, the church as He is my Head.

I am content somewhat only because I have no choice.

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I realize this is off OP topic, so please be understanding. In hopes of not derailing the thread, I will address the OP at the end of my post.

But, at one point I decided to try and change my denomination. I had some personal issues with some leadership (he was too strict and I was too stiff necked and hardheaded). I looked around for a bit at different denominations, most closely at non-denominational (which, ironically, is a denomination). After a few months of searching, I decided to remain Baptist.

Up until that time I was Baptist because I was born Baptist. After that, I was Baptist from choice. I believe (as my signature implies) that Baptists are the closest to the Bible.

Now, to the OP. I'm not trying to be snarky, but the website is baptistboard. If someone who is not Baptist comes here, then posting anywhere is a bonus. They shouldn't expect to be able to join in on Baptist discussions.

That's not to say that all the threads in the Baptist only section should be restricted to Baptists. But I think sometimes threads are posted there because either there isn't a proper area for the discussion elsewhere, or people are afraid that people won't see their thread in another section. Or, it may be that even though the discussion isn't a Baptist only discussion, they only want a Baptist perspective.

Personally, if the topic I post is not a Baptist only issue, I try and put it elsewhere. But I start very few threads. I have a very small amount of posts compared to the time I've been here. (This username since 2012, but lurking since 2002).

5. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for sharing. :wavey:

As I said, I have surrendered to the status quo of the board. :thumbs: