1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptists shoudl NOT be involved in Free Masonry!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Nov 29, 2014.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Are their "secrets" holy? or do the vows not to indulge in their secrets meant NOT to be moral binding vows? If they are "moral" bindng vows then that makes the content of the vows "moral" in nature including the UNGODLY and BLASPHEMOUS language???

#41 The Biblicist, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, France did. But the studious observer you are, I'm sure you already knew that and how it turned out. Each territory is independent (here states, there countries) and the the others decided not to recognize France. So another popped up in France.

Louisiana also did for some time, I don't know about now. But typically they do have to believe in a supreme being otherwise it is assumed they do not feel accountable to anything/one greater than themselves. You're right that that is a normal requirement (although not necessarily the case).

Because many who abhor those funeral rites (like me) actually know what they are talking about. My problem is that it profanes Christianity (it makes it common, secular). They are theistic only in the sense that one must believe in a supreme being. In truth, however, this theism is secular (think, for example, of deistic humanism). I like the kinship you imply with the Unity Church. I think that there is some legitimacy in that.

There is no "official literature" of Freemasonry. Only official literature of each Grand Lodge. But again, as you have surely studied the topic, you know this.

Isn't it funny. I said that this would be a worthless thread, and I was right, but I keep on posting....it is kinda fun.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

That means they are a RELIGIOUS order. The Elks, Lions and Moose lodge don't require this because they are SECULAR in nature. They are a BROTHERHOOD based on a common RELIGIOUS CONFESSION. Thus to deny they are a religious order IS A LIE!

They clearly and unequivocally teach UNIVERSAL salvation - NO HELL - this is evidence of a RELIGIOUS order. Deism is religious not secular. Thus to deny they are a religious order IS A LIE!

Have the Elks, Lions, Eagles or Moose lodges produced an "ELKS" or etc., Edition of the Holy Bible? No! Has one Mason lodge contradicted and repudiated the other Lodges who put out the introduction in the Masonic edition of the Bible? If they have it is another "secret." To deny they are a THEISTIC RELIGIOUS ORDER is an outright lie!

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Where are the lawsuits, public disclaimers by Masonic lodges against the publishing and those who published the Mason Edition of the Holy Bible if it misrepresents Masonism????

Why would the Mason's even authorize and PAY the expense for printing what is called "THE MASONIC EDITION" of the Holy Bible? Do the Elks, Moose, Eagle, Lion's or any other purely secular organization do this??????

Where are the lawsuits against Pike and the many others who not only claim but document the RELIGIOUS nature of Masonism? Where are the public open repudiations by the MAJORITY of Lodges??????

The defense we are reading from other posters are simply LIES they have embraced as truth! From where? Of course from the Masons themselves.

#44 The Biblicist, Dec 2, 2014
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said on the other thread, meaningless discussion and speculation. The church has much better things to do.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I've taken a stand against it with the integrity of the Lord Jesus Christ----and to their shame--it is a shame to have received threats coming from ones own church members!!!

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No, the only MEANINGLESS discussion has been provided by you and Old Regular simply because what you have offered to this discussion are simply lies whether they were intentional or unintentional lies - just lies.

Masonism is a RELIGOUS ORDER - it demands profession of faith in a god

Masonism is a RELIGIOUS ORDER - its "brotherhood" is based on this common confession.

Masonism is a RELIGIOUS ORDER - as no other secular lodge produces an edition of the Bible.

Masonism is a RELIGIOUS ORDER by profession of its greatest and most knowledgable members as found in written literature.

Masonism is a RELIIGOUS ORDER by high ranking ex-Masons who have written exposing its "secrets"

Masonism is a RELIGIOUS ORDER by the very nature of its oaths WHICH CONTAIN LANGUAGE THAT BY THE VERY CHARACTER OF WORDS ARE BLASPHEMOUS and taken IN THE NAME OF GOD thus a clear taking God's name IN VAIN.

You have only offered YOU as a rebuttal, your personal opinions and obvious lies that even you had to admit were lies (e.g. the vulgar language in vows; general requirement for profession of faith in a god, the religious nature of their funerals). You have no substantial response to the fact there are no repudiation of the issuance of a Masonic Edition of the Bible or the content in the introduction, no repudiation of Pike or other writings by high level Masons who state the same thing, or the writings by high ranking ex-Masons.

What you and Old Regular have provided is simply hot air without substance.

#47 The Biblicist, Dec 2, 2014
  8. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I'm not so sure about that. Are you sure? Although I never joined the Elks, I was once given a membership application and there it was big as life: "DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?"

Oh, I meant to ask if you have looked at and handled a Masonic Bible, what translation was it?

#48 Zenas, Dec 2, 2014
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

I have seen an Elks Bible. And yes, same requirement. But they have a bar. And it's a lot more expensive. Good steaks on Friday.

#49 JonC, Dec 2, 2014
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And then there's the Rotary. They worship money.

#50 JonC, Dec 2, 2014
  11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Yes, I have handled and looked at it, and read the entire lengthy introduction. The Masonic Edition was a KJV.

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Mocking does not do away with hard facts does it. Nice try though. At least the rest of the forum knows who are the Mason and Mason supporters on this forum.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not mocking. You just don't realize it because you have not advanced to that rank. But the select few who are in the know realize that I am not mocking.

BTW....Rotary is a Masonic Jewish organization. Everyone knows that….it’s on the internet. They open with prayer…to whom do you suppose they pray? It is secular, so we know it is not to God.

#53 JonC, Dec 2, 2014
  14. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Exacto Mundo. My prayer list has increased since reading this and the searched post under the same topic.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will pause in my mockery to address this, Biblicist, because it needs addressing.

I have repeatedly said that I do not support Freemasonry and that I caution others against joining the organization. It is a waste of time and a distraction for both the Church and the Mason. I detailed the secular humanistic quality of Freemasonry and explained that it is an affront to Christianity because not only does it undermine the church but it also treats as profane (common place) Christianity, God, and Scripture. I said that the organization has much in common with the Unity Church, which was far from being a complement. Those were just of a few things I mentioned. There is also the "weaker brother" issue for those who believe speculation. I agreed that we shouldn't be involved in Freemasonry, just for different reasons.Yet you say that I support Freemasonry because I reject your misconceptions???? Are you truly that blind or is it just arrogance?

#55 JonC, Dec 2, 2014
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is another reason I thought the topic a poor idea (and that it’d be history repeating itself…again). It is not only because of the speculative and hear-say nature of information (both sides can come up with ample “evidence,” both written and personal accounts), but also because the topic typically devolves into personal attacks rather than discussion of the topic. The claim of “error” eventually becomes a charge of “lie.” I do not think that I have misrepresented what I have witnessed to be true regarding the topic. BUT I didn’t have to think about it much at all to realize that I’ve been responding “in kind.” For that, Biblicist, you have my sincere apologies. I am not associated with the fraternity any more, and it really should not bother me what you think about the issue (as I said, I do not believe they will be around much longer). It is not an issue that I am passionate about, so perhaps I should have kept silent. Anyway, please do not take this as seeking or even warranting a response. But for the moments I responded towards you rather than the topic at hand, I do apologize.

17. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that settles it, if the vast majority of this board is against it....I guess I better get ready to join the Masons.

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Father was a Shriner, went thru all of the masonic rituals, and I do know what they hold with and teach...

They are just like the M ormons or JW, in thast they do hold to a belief in God, and that through their exotic and "sacred" rituals and practices one is perfected and made ready for heaven after death...

You will NOT get what they really hold to until you have the initian into masonic lodge...

So they hold ALL religions as equal and valid, all religious books same, so again, why do you not expose their deeds done in darkness to the light of Christ?

19. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In 1992, the Southern Baptist Convention charged its Home Mission Board with undertaking an investigation of Freemasonry. From the report made the next year:

http://www.sbhla.org/sbc_annuals/

20. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are contradicting yourself! You say
    ... then you say