1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Barack Obama and Liberals ARE NOT the Enemy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Eph. 6:12

So why do so many in the church expend so much energy trying to combat that which is not the enemy?

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I (and I am quite sure) most everyone else understands that our "real battle" is with these principalities. Are you against speaking out against parties and policies of parties (no matter which side of political aisle) which directly contravene clear lines of moral stances spoken of in scripture? I was reared MANY years ago, from a perspective of Democrat in the south, republicans were the elite and privileged rather than the average. Times and positions change and have changed. I cannot lend my support to a party which condones or even acknowledges, not matter how reasoned, a full scale and unrestricted "right" to abortion. ( and there are certainly other issues)

No major political party will ever fully champion the cause of the evangelical community, so we are faced once again with choosing the proverbial "lesser of evils".

I am sure, even here in BB land, there are indeed Obama "haters". But there are also, like me, non-haters, and yet stand in opposition to many if not all of his policy stands for our nation.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, unless you consider yourself another "JEREMIAH", why in heavens name do you even bother to post on these threads?

Seriously, your constant condemnation of virtually every post/poster against -- whatever, but the ZERO and $exual deviency primarily -- seems to be denying what you post here.

Don't misunderstand, I do totally agree with what you stay, but I gather that you are berating these others simply for their actions in the here and now.

IOW, my impression from you is that we all ought to go into a closet and pray, TO THE EXCLUSION of taking any political action.

If I'm misreading you, I apologize, but that is precisely what I have gleaned from dozens of your other posts on this board!

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because they are the enemy's foot soldiers.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    because BOTH of them are being used by Demonic forces to spread the propaganda that we as a nation/people, can be morally against the ways of the kord, can have a culture that relects anti christian values and beliefs, and promotes basically humanism and hedonism!

we are a Republic, founded and based upon chrsitian principles, but both of them want to take us totally away from that, and to a nation that lenin would have been proud of!

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Because we've been conditioned to believe liberals are the enemy. Liberals for the most part are just useful idiots being manipulated by the global elite to destroy anything good and wholesome.

The game plan is very simple. Distract us all with a false enemy then divide and conquer us. While we focus all our attention on the global elite's minions we aren't focusing on them.

And that is where the focus should be.

Expose them for what and who they are and who knows maybe even the liberals will have a change of heart when they realize how manipulated they really are.

The way we're going about it now that will never happen all we're doing is hardening their hearts against us and wasting time and energy. Just like the globalists want us to do.

Expose Satan's minions, the globalists first. That would make winning the hearts and minds of the liberals a whole bunch easier. But we can't do that until we first step out of the false left vs right paradigm we take such comfort in.

#6 poncho, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
  7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the risk of sounding like a charismatic, you realize this passage is about spiritual warfare, right?

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm getting tired out trying to expose the globalists all by myself here folks. How about a little help? It's your money their stealing and your future they're destroying to ya know.

9. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

Won't all earthly things be destroyed anyway? Not that I disagree with you.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What purpose does speaking out against a party do? The Dems and Repubs have been doing this back and forth dance for too long and God's people get stuck on issues.

My goodness, we are more into politics than we are into seeing folks saved. It just appears that our focus to effecting change is in the wrong place.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think you are in part right Poncho except about where our focus should be. Our focus has to be the Commission that God left us with.

12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What has been factored in here is racism:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...us-may-soften-support-new-yorker-reports.html

Then, too, Gov. Cuomo has warned about conservatives:

So you can see that Obama and the liberals are fighting racism and extremism....

No wonder that the Rev. Jeremiah Wright said this the other day:

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

Here ...

[​IMG]

There's enough tin foil hats for the wild, irrational imaginings of both of you.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent response...and subsequently ignored because it doesn't support the point other posters want to make....

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah so I guess there's really no point in worrying about our children's future is there?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hey, there ya are I was beginning to wonder if the Saudis were holding your keyboard hostage along with your mind. :smilewinkgrin:

#16 poncho, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It was an awful response. All that response supports is folks' propensity to do things their way instead of God's way.

How are they the enemy's foot soldiers if the enemy is not flesh and bone? Yall swinging at the physical when the enemy is spiritual.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ITL's response was spot on. You attack Christians, because you think they're the enemy. Satan and his legions are not the ones addressed in your posts.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Metamucil.:wavey:

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are NOT that idiotic or obtuse. If you really believe the statement that you're writing, then why on earth are you preaching to anyone, especially to other Christians?

We all know the kingdom of Heaven is spirtual, not physical; but God uses people as His mouth, hands, and feet. Why do you assume that Satan doesn't use the same methods?

It was a PERFECT response to you, but not the one you wanted because it didn't support the point you wanted to make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.