1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barack Obama Does Not Support Homosexual Marriage

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Not everyone who says to Me, Lord Lord, will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, Lord Lord, did we not prophesy in Your Name, and in Your Name cast out demons, and in Your Name perform many miracles? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you, Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness" -Matt 7:21-23

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house." -Matt 5:14-15

"Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error...and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them" -Rom 1:24-27,32 (not much obscure about that I would say).

"Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the Kingdom of God" -1Cor 6:9-10

"For this you know with certainty that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience" -Eph 5:5-6

Barak Obama is a deceiver if He believes, and teaches, that God approves of homosexual behavior in anyway.

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While it is God who makes the final judgments (etc). The Christian, through the Word of God, has been given God's final judgments. In other words we know what God says about most things. We know who can rightfully claim to be a Christian and who cannot (1Jn 3:9-10). We know who God forgives and who He does not (Jn 14:6, Rom 10:9). We know those who will be condemned to eternal hellfire (Rev 21:8, Gal 5:19-21, 1Cor 6:9-10, Matt 7:13-14, etc). The LORD Jesus has given the Church the keys (Matt 16:19).

If a person approves of what condemns, practices what God condemns, and denies the Word of God, that person need not decieve themselves into thinking they will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Because they will not (Eph 5:3-12).

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since the LORD Jesus said few would be saved (Matt 7:13-14, 21-23, Lk 13:25-33, etc) it is certainly possible. I am not saying that it is the case that everyone who supports Obama is lost, I am only saying that such a thing would be possible. I think there are a lot of people who are supporting Obama because he is popular and a fresh change from normal politics. Many of these people don't keep up with the news or know much about Obama's positions/beliefs. However for an educated professing Christian to knowingly support a man who believes that God approves of homosexual behavior, that God approves of killing babies, that God approves of someone who seeks to discredit portions of Scripture, raises a lot of questions about that professing Christian. Why would a true follower of Christ support a man who denies what Christ has said is right? It makes no sense to me (Is 5:20, Pr 17:15).

I think the fact that we have to point these things out is a result of the downgrade, the watering down of Christian truth, greasy grace, cheap grace, and easy believism. Too many "ministers" and professing Christians have watered down the Gospel and compromised the Gospel so that they would be accepted by the world. The truth of God, the Gospel, and the Law of God should never be compromised for any reason whatsoever. Remember that friendship with the world is a sign of being an enemy of God (Jms 4:4, Lk 6:26).

#63 Martin, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2008
  4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

BTW, we are "liberals" not "libereals." At least learn to spell; you look like less of a <prior personal attack deleted - LE> that way!

Isn't that a bit out of line to call a fellow poster a "fool"? While we may not agree with other this is uncalled for. I've been called a liar in this thread and now another is called a fool. Where is the moderator?

<Moderator note: If you are called a liar, please use the report post button for a moderator's attention. Thanks, LE>

#64 sag38, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2008
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't worry about it. Such things are always their last stand when they have nothing else.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot rely on baptism for your salvation and actually be saved. I didn't say it God did. Obama is not a Christian any more than Romney is.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I withdraw this remark and apologize for it. I admit that I wrote it in anger.

I do not withdraw my belief that Barack Obama is a brother in Christ to all fellow Christans posting in this thread - regardless of whether they recognize him as being one.

Having another human being recognize one as being a Christian is totally irrelevant to being a Christian and being saved by the life and blood of Christ Jesus.

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Apology accepted. We may not agree but I enjoy the debate and do pay attention to what you are saying. Again, while I may not agree it makes me think about my positions. Thanks

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "So one Sunday, I put on one of the few clean jackets I had, and went over to Trinity United Church of Christ on 95th Street on the South Side of Chicago. And I heard Reverend Jeremiah A. Wright deliver a sermon called “The Audacity of Hope.” And during the course of that sermon, he introduced me to someone named Jesus Christ. I learned that my sins could be redeemed. I learned that those things I was too weak to accomplish myself, He would accomplish with me if I placed my trust in Him. And in time, I came to see faith as more than just a comfort to the weary or a hedge against death, but rather as an active, palpable agent in the world and in my own life.

It was because of these newfound understandings that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity one day and affirm my Christian faith. It came about as a choice, and not an epiphany. I didn’t fall out in church, as folks sometimes do. The questions I had didn’t magically disappear. The skeptical bent of my mind didn’t suddenly vanish. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side, I felt I heard God’s spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth and carrying out His works."

- Senator Barack Obama

www.getreligion.org/?p=2502

Also, see David Brody's(of CBN) column: www.cbn.com/cbnnews/183357.aspx

#69 KenH, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So...a Christian is one who is a member of the same church for 20 years...prays to Jesus (I thought we were to pray to our Father)...and tries to fit church in whenever he's not working...and is something that "helps" to guide our lives.

Yup...sure sounds like someone who has a personal relationship with our Savior to me :rolleyes:

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Carrying out "His (God's) works" includes supporting the slaughter of the unborn and the acceptance of something God deems to be an abomination?

Strike two....

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard this done at the church where I attend.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My dear brother, webdog, you can add up all the strikes you would like; however, your strikes will not keep one single person out of Heaven.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's wrong...and not something a believer of 20 something years would do. I usually hear it from children.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...nor will attending the same church for 20 years get you in.