1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barack Obama, Gentleman

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I just saw the President-Elect coming out of the Inauguration Day church service with his wife. He is the one being honored today, yet he walked Michelle to her side of the car and shut her door before going around to his side to get in.

What a class act we have as our new President. His mother raised him well. :thumbsup:

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yeah, and I bet he doesn't have an avatar with blood being splattered all over the place either.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No, that would be the outgoing POTUS!

As for mine, it is very appropriate for the way we batter each other around here. And it also represents the polar opposites...north & south! :thumbs:

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the last two presidents, Mr. Bush and Mr. Obama, are family men. By that I mean that they treat their wife and children well. Both are far about Mr. Clinton's behavior.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You set the bar really low comparing them to Clinton but I do agree...

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he wants a second term, too. Very few would vote against him for doing that cute little act, but quite a number would notice if he didn't.

7. Enoch

Enoch New Member

His mother did not raise him. I would consider him smooth but not a gentleman. His facade is so apparent. His arrogance runneth over.

Now President Bush is a true gentleman and sets a high standard on how we should respond to people who constantly berate him. :smilewinkgrin:

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea what a gentleman....he doesn't want his daughter punished with a baby if she makes a "mistake". Quite the gentleman.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

From what CNN is saying this was the first the outgoing administration was walked to the helicopter by the incoming administration.

I also like when Bush looked Obama in the face and smiled when he called him, "Mr. President".

This was the most civil transfer of power I ever remember and I wish we could all be just as civil...