1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barnard On Revelation 19:5,6

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rolfe Barnard ( 1904-1969) was an evangelist -- an unusual one . I have friends who heard him preach in their churches and elsewhere . He was not the usual kind of Bible expositor that I normally gravitate toward . But he was full of fire and bluntness . He really was a devoted servant of the Lord .

Anyway , there was a sermon he preached called : Judgment's Coming Or Should God Punish Sin ? " I'll quote an extract from it and get your reaction . But first the Scripture from the KJV : And a voice came out of the throne saying , praise our God , all ye His servants , and ye that fear Him , both small and great . And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude , and as the voice of many waters , and as the voice of mighty thunderings , saying , Alleluia : for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth .

... the saints of God are going to be called upon to shout "Alleluia" when God judges men . We're going to say Amen ! To bring it a little closer , when God sends your boy to hell , you are going to be called upon to say Amen ! Praise the Lord , Alleluia , true and righteous are Thy judgments . I wonder how you would conduct yourself if you believed the Bible and understood that the day would come when you would have to say Amen, Alleluia , God , You ought to send those folks to hell . I believe , if you believed that , Oh! I think it would make a difference ; I believe it would . I wonder how I would act if I actually believed that this world is headed for judgment and a meeting with a Holy God especially since I am called to witness to men and women who don't believe that it is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgment . unsaved people don't believe that . People who say they are Christians say they believe it .
    It would seem to me that we would be a faithful witness of what we have seen and heard , and warn people with tears day and night as Paul did . How on God's earth can we be as nice and dignified and refined and dry-eyed as we are is a puzzle to me . We must be terrible sinners . Oh! how we need to meet together in the presence of God to pour out our supplications to God to visit His people in these awful hours .

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

There isnt anything to comment on since the verses listed and the commentary do not line up with each other.