1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BB Recipe Collection #2

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by donnA, May 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

Gwen, going to keep your ice cream recipe, that way when Taylor gets a little older we can do that together. This grandma can do something to othr grandma can't COOK GOOD FOOD AND ICE CREAM TOO!

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Donna, it is the precooked, breaded fish. I used the fillets, but fish sticks could be used as well.

I'm making it again this week. We all loved it!

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think I am going to have to make that, it sounds really good. Keeping this recipe.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

The broccoli casserole was delicous.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

I went through all the recipes last night and got a bunch to keep, now I just have to check out the old thread and get all those. I had everything before, and I saved them on floppy disk, but my new computer doesn't do floppies, ao I want to collect them all again, until I can get an external floppy drive.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

this looks good, i plan on making it

Breakfast in a Muffin
    Cooking spray
    • 6 eggs
    • 1/4 cup applesauce
    • 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/3 cup rolled oats
    • 1 tablespoon baking powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    • 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
    • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley OR about 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
    • 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits

Preheat oven to 375°F. Evenly coat 12 (3-inch) muffin cups with cooking spray.

In large bowl, beat together eggs and applesauce until blended. Add flour, rolled oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pepper. Beat until well combined. Stir in cheese, parsley, and bacon bits. Divide batter evenly among the 12 cups.

Bake until lightly browned and top springs back when lightly touched with finger, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack

Nutritional information per serving of 1/12 recipe using fresh parsley: Calories 108, Protein 7 g, Carbohydrates 12 g, Total Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 312 mg.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

We love potsticker, also known as chinese dumplings, and dim sum, but I've never gotten the courage up to make them, but I will,, soon.

Post-Easter Potstickers
    1/3 cup finely chopped green onions with tops
    • 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    • 2 tablespoons dry sherry
    • 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
    • 24 packaged wonton skins
    • 1 egg, well beaten
    • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
    • 2/3 cup water, divided
    • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
    • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
    • 1/2 teaspoon liquid hot pepper seasoning
    • 2 teaspoons cornstarch

Stir together first five ingredients. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in center of each skin. Moisten edges with beaten egg. Fold over mixture, matching opposite corners. Pinch edges to seal. Place on platter or baking sheet, lightly pressing to flatten bottoms.
    In large skillet over medium heat, cook 12 of the potstickers in 1 ta lespoon of oil until lightly browned on bottoms. Pour 1/3 cup water into pan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until skins are translucent, about 5 minutes.

Repeat for remaining potstickers. In small saucepan stir together last four ingredients. Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture boils and is smooth and thickened. Serve with potstickers.

8. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Those of you with small children may enjoy these cookies. They are great for teaching the Easter Story to small children! Make these cookies on the night before Easter Sunday.

EASTER STORY COOKIES

1 cup whole pecans
    1 tsp. vinegar
    3 egg whites
    Salt
    Ziploc baggie
    Wooden spoon
    Tape
    Bible

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place pecans in ziploc baggie and let children beat them with the wooden spoon to break into small pieces. Explain that after Jesus was arrested, He was beatin by the Roman soldiers. Read John 19:1-3.

Let each child smell the vinegar. Put 1 tsp. vinegar into mixing bowl. Explain that when Jesus was thirsty on the cross, He was given vinegar to drink. Read John 19:28-30.

Sprinkle a little salt into each child's hand. Let them taste it and brush the rest into the bowl. Explain that this represents the salty tears shed by Jesus' followers, and the bitterness of our own sin. Read Luke 23:27.

So far, the ingredients are not very appetizing. Add 1 cup sugar. Explain that the sweetest part of the story is that Jesus died because He loves us. Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16.

Beat the egg whites with a mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks form. Explain that the color white represents the purity in God's eyes for those whose sins have been cleansed by Jesus. Read Isaiah 1:19 and John 3:1-3.

Fold in the broken nuts. Drop by teasoons onto wax paper-covered cookie sheet. Explain that each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus' body was laid. Read Matthew 27:57-60.

Put the cookie sheet in the oven, close the door and turn the oven OFF. Give each child a piece of tape and seal the oven door. Explain that Jesus tomb was sealed. Read Matthew 27:65-66.

Go to bed! Explain that they may feel sad to leave the cookies in the oven overnight. Jesus' followers were in despair when the tomb was sealed. Read John 16:20 and 22.

On Easter morning, open the oven and give everyone a cookie. Take a bite and notice that the cookies are hollow!! On the first Easter, Jesus' followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty. Read Matthew 28:1-9.

This will help your children to have a greater understanding of Easter Sunday. Have a joyous celebration!!

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

This thread is being closed, but will remain in this forum.

Please visit: "BB Recipe Collection part......... 3".

Thanks,
    §ue

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Since this thread has reached the 20 page limit, I've started a new recipe thread, thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.