1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BB Recipe Collection #3

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by donnA, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

I made the Corn Casserole for Easter dinner, and it was GREAT! Since it was my first time to make it, I decided not to add anything to it, and I'm glad I didn't. It was wonderful without anything spicing it up! It's really a good recipe, and very easy to make! [​IMG]

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I don't usually like zucchini, but this recipe doesn't sound too bad. Since hubby likes zucchini, I am going to try this.

ZUCCHINI PATTIES

1 cup Bisquick
    1/2 cup shredded mossarella or cheddar cheese
    1/8 tsp. salt
    2 eggs - beaten
    2 cups shredded zucchini
    2 TBLS chopped onion (optional)
    1 TBLS butter

Combine Bisquick, cheese, salt, eggs, zucchini and onion in mixing bowl. Blend well. Melt butter in a large skillet. Spoon heaping TBLS of zucchini mixture into skillet. Fry 3-5 minuteds per side, until golden brown. Place browned patties on a paper towel. Add more butter to skillet when necessary for additional batches.

*TIPS
    1) To reduce calories, use cooking spray instead of butter.
    2) For an Italian flair, try dipping these morsels in marinara sauce.

3. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Sounds good to me, Sue.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Sounds good Sue,a nd I have zucchini in the fridge now, I think I'm going to try this one.

5. music4Him

music4Him New Member

**WARNING** This recipe is NOT for weak stomachs.

Well I liked to fell over when I read this recipe!

Cicada Larvae Recipe
    (Here in Texas we call them Locusts!)

Cicadas are best known in culinary world for its protein reach larvae. It’s best to prepare larvae since its skin still soft. Larvae is basically young Cicada that is about to become and adult. It usually hinds underground for the most of its life and climb the tree in early May and this is best time to collect it for your protein reach dish.

For example you may prepare meal called Soft-Shelled Cicadas. You need just 1 cup Worcestershire sauce, 30 freshly emerged 17-year cicadas, 2 eggs, beaten, 1.5 cups flour, Salt and pepper to season the flour, 0.5 cup corn oil or slightly salted butter. You should marinate cicadas in Worcestershire sauce for several hours. Dip them in the beaten egg, roll them in the seasoned flour and then gently saute until they are golden brown.

http://recipe.cicadayear.com/

There is also a recipe for the Adult Cicada.
    BTW, the bible says John the Baptist ate locusts and wild honey... but then the squimish side of me says, "Isn't peanut butter just as high in protein?" [​IMG]

Matt. 3:4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

Just thought the recipe board might of needed a break from the normal meals. :D But if I am ever in Lincoln, Illinois I'm gona look Sue up! :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. standingfirminChrist

**WARNING** This recipe is NOT for weak stomachs...

Kitty Litter Cake

Serving Size: 24

Notes:
    This is a fun cake! It might look gross, but it does taste good!

[​IMG]

Ingredients:
    1 (18 oz.) box spice or german chocolate cake mix
    1 (18 oz.) box white cake mix
    1 pkg. white sandwich cookies
    1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
    12 small tootsie rolls
    1 litter box (preferably a NEW one!)
    1 plastic scoop
    green food coloring

Preparation:
    Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans). Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar.
    When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and "feel" it, you don't want it soggy, just moist; gently combine. Put mixture into clean litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter. Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, three at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around. Serve with a new pooper scooper.

7. I Am Blessed 24

Music: Your recipe made me half sick. [​IMG]

SFIC: Your picture finished the job! :eek:

I was gonna post my Bucket Salad recipe, but I think I'll wait a bit... [​IMG]

8. standingfirminChrist

Sorry Sue. But look on the bright side, ya have room in yer stomach for some Kitty Litter Cake!!

9. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

EEEeeeewwwwwwww!!!

SFIC, yer killing me. Remember the gummy worm cake (Dirt cake?) that was popular a few years ago? Well, it didn't make me sick, because it didn't look real. But, SFIC, this one looks too real! I don't know if I could eat it.... [​IMG]

10. standingfirminChrist

gwen, I got another for ya...

Puppy Chow

[​IMG]

Email this recipe to a friendSee a printer friendly copy of this recipe
    Puppy Chow

Notes:
    This is a great snack that looks just like Puppy Chow.

Ingredients:
    1 stick butter
    1 C. peanut butter
    1 lb. box powdered sugar
    1 lg Box Crispix cereal
    12 oz pkg. milk chocolate chips

Preparation:
    Melt margarine, peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave on medium setting until melted. Stir. Place one large box of Crispix cereal in a large pan and pour chocolate mixture over top and coat thoroughly. Place 1 lb box of powdered sugar in a grocery bag. Put coated cereal in the bag and shake until powdered sugar covers cereal mixture. Make sure to put the mixture in a brand new dog dish for best effect.
    Recipe given me in email several months ago.

[ May 20, 2006, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: standingfirminChrist ]

11. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Ha! That one's a keeper!

I think we should post the Kitty Litter Cake on the Pit Stop! [​IMG]

12. standingfirminChrist

go ahead, Gwen. lol

13. Gayla

Gayla New Member

That Puppy Chow stuff is DEElicious!!

I've also heard it called People Chow.

14. standingfirminChrist

I posted the kitty litter cake in the Pit Stop thread.

15. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Oh now... SFIC that is funny!It looks so real too! [​IMG] BTW, if you ever have a supper at your church and you decide to take those recipies... I would love to hear how it goes over with the congragation. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. I Am Blessed 24

Since I found the old recipe thread, I am adding these recipes in 'printable mode'.

donnA05-30-2006 12:31 PM
    I love Paula Deen on the food network, and this recipe is delicous, I made this and we loved it, and ate it a couple of days.

he Lady and Sons Beef Vegetable Soup
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil (if using chuck roast)
    2 1/2 to 3 pounds beef short ribs or 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless chuck roast*
    4 quarts cold water
    1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
    1 1/2 cups chopped onion
    3 tablespoons dried parsley
    2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
    1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
    1 tablespoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
    1 tablespoon seasoned salt, plus extra for seasoning
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon celery salt
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
    2 bay leaves
    1 cup thinly sliced carrots
    1 cup diced celery
    1 cup sliced green beans, fresh or canned
    1 cup frozen black-eyed peas
    1 cup frozen butter beans
    1 cup cut okra, fresh or frozen
    1 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
    1 cup diced potatoes
    1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
    Chopped fresh parsley leaves
    If using chuck roast, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the roast in the skillet and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the roast from the skillet and cut it into 1 1/2 to 2-inch cubes; discard the fat. Place the beef cubes in a large stockpot. (If using short ribs, you can put them right in the pot with no preparation).
    Add the water, tomatoes, onions, dried parsley, beef bouillon, dried Italian seasoning, House Seasoning, seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, garlic powder, black pepper and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover the pot; reduce the heat so that the liquid simmers, and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the meat is very tender. If using short ribs, remove them from the pot and cut the meat from the bones, discard the bones and fat, and return the meat to the pot. Add the remaining vegetables and the macaroni and return the soup to a boil, stirring to distribute the ingredients. Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Just before serving, season with salt and pepper and add fresh chopped parsley. To remove excess fat from the surface of the soup, swirl a lettuce leaf around the surface—it will pick up a lot of the fat.
    *The chuck roast will yield more meat, but the bones from the short ribs give the soup an incredible flavor.

donnA05-30-2006 12:32 PMforgot this, you need this for most of her recipes
    House Seasoning:
    1 cup salt
    1/4 cup black pepper
    1/4 cup garlic powder
    Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

donnA05-30-2006 12:33 PMa quick and easy one, I ahve made yet, but intend on it, maybe, it's in my collection anyway.
    Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage - Paula Deen
    4 slices bacon
    4 tablespoons butter
    1 head green cabbage, coarsely chopped
    Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    1 can corned beef
    Cook the bacon in large pot over medium heat until almost crisp. Remove the bacon from the pot and set aside. Melt the butter in the pot with the bacon grease. Add the cabbage, stirring well to coat the cabbage in fat. Add about 1/3 cup water, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cover pot with a lid, and cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the bacon into small pieces.
    Remove the lid from the pot, and scatter chunks of corned beef and chopped bacon over top of the cabbage. Cover and cook until desired doneness. I personally like a little bit of crunch left to the cabbage.
    Tip: Cabbage is one of those vegetables that naturally contains water in its leaves. Begin by adding just a small amount of water. As cabbage cooks, if it needs more liquid, then add more water.

donnA05-30-2006 12:33 PMAnother Paula Deen, made this and it's delicous.
    Bubba's Country-Fried Steak and Gravy - Paula Deen
    1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    8 (4-ounce) tenderized beef round steak (have butcher run them through cubing machine)
    1 teaspoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
    1 teaspoon seasoning salt
    3/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    4 cups hot water
    1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (recommended: Ac'cent), optional
    1 bunch green onions, or 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
    Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1 side of the meat with the House Seasoning and the other side with the seasoning salt, and then dredge the meat in the flour mixture. Heat 1/2 cup oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 or 4 of the steaks to the hot oil, and fry until browned, about 5-6 minutes per side. Remove each steak to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with the remaining steaks, adding up to 1/4 cup more oil, as needed.
    Make the gravy by adding the 2 tablespoons remaining flour to the pan drippings, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon. Stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the salt. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until the flour is medium brown and the mixture is bubbly. Slowly add the water and the Ac'cent, if using, stirring constantly. Return the steaks to the skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, and place the onions on top of the steaks. Cover the pan, and let simmer for 30 minutes.

music4Him05-30-2006 05:18 PMWell I thought I had saved several recipes from the old thread? All I could find was samarelda's Potluck Pan Rolls.

Potluck Pan Rolls---
    By Baptist board samarelda

1 cup milk
    1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup sugar
    1 1/4 tsp salt (I just use heaping 1 tsp)
    1/2 cup water
    5-6 cups flour
    2 tsp instant dry yeast

Stir yeast into 2 cups of the flour. Set aside. Scald milk, while hot add butter, salt and sugar. Stir until butter is melted and sugar/salt is dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Beat eggs and add to milk mixture. Stir into flour/yeast mixture. 1/2 cup at a time add flour to form soft dough. Knead, cover with damp towel and let rise until doubled. Divide into 27 pieces and place 18 balls in greased 9 by 13" pan and 10 pieces in grease 9" square pan. Cover, let rise until doubled. Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes or until golden.

I bake mine in a large round deep-dish pizza pan and end up with 37 rolls. I put 1 in the center, 6 around that one, then 12 around, then 18 around the outside. I bake at 375 for exactly 18 minutes.

The original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups warm water and 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder but I have always used 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup water as directed above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music4Him05-30-2006 05:21 PMI also have this which I think was one of Sues? :confused:
    ===============================

Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cake

Just two ingredients and you have a moist delicious cake. Great when frosted with your favorite cream cheese frosting. Plan ahead,
    tastes best after chilling.

Prep Time: approx. 5 Minutes.

Cook Time: approx. 25 Minutes.

Ready in: approx. 30 Minutes.

Makes 1 - 9x13 inch cake (15 servings).

1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
    1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin

Directions:

1) Preheat the oven to 350º
    Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
    2) In a large bowl, mix together the spice cake mix and canned pumpkin until well blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
    3) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool and serve, or store in the refrigerator. This tastes even better the next day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music4Him05-30-2006 05:26 PMHere is something that I started making recently that everyone who eats it ask for the recipe.
    ===============================

BROCCOLI-RICE-CHEESE and CHICKEN CASSEROLE
    16 oz pkg “or” 3 cups fresh broccoli, cut in small pieces washed & drained
    3 c. Minute Rice, do not cook rice
    4 Tbs. - of dried Chopped onion

* (2 cans cream of chicken soup
    * (+ water to equal 3 cups

1 c. milk
    4 tbsp. butter
    2 c. shredded cheese
    2- 5oz cans “or” 1- 10 oz can of Chicken Breast (I have used Hormel and hy-top brand)
    Salt and pepper to taste
    *Package of Frito’s ©
    Mix together all ingredients except set Frito‘s aside. Pour in 13x9 cake pan. Then crumble Frito’s on top of Broccoli/Chicken Casserole mixture and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

#36 I Am Blessed 24, Jun 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2006
  17. I Am Blessed 24

Gwen05-30-2006 07:30 PMCheese Grits Casserole

4 cups water
    1 tsp. salt
    1 cup grits

Cook grits in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes.

Add:
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
    Stir til combined.

Add:
    1 cup milk
    4 beaten eggs
    1/2 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    1/2 tsp. minced garlic
    Stir.

Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese and bake til melted, about 10 minutes.

To make it fancy, you can top with sliced green onions and bacon bits when you take it out of the oven.

donnA05-30-2006 08:54 PMPamela glad to hear it is good, now I won't be affraid to cook it.
    Hey, music4Him, love that recipe, I'll be making that, lost mine and been loking for a good one. thanks
    gwen, got to be making some cheese grits, haven't made in a long time.

Gayla06-02-2006 06:37 PM[​IMG]

Just found this, sounds Goood!
    [​IMG]

Rich'n Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Struedel
    [​IMG] Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Bake Time: 20 minutes
    (Makes 12 servings)

[​IMG]Ingredients
    • 1 box (17.3 oz.) puff pastry sheets, thawed, divided
    • 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® SWIRLED Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Morsels, divided
    • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
    • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    • 1 large egg
    • 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
    • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
    PREHEAT oven to 400º F. Grease baking sheet.

UNFOLD one pastry sheet on baking sheet. Sprinkle 2/3 cup morsels over pastry to within 1/2-inch of edges. Combine cream cheese, peanut butter, egg, powdered sugar and flour in small bowl until smooth. Dollop over morsels and carefully spread to within 1/2-inch of edges.

DAMPEN pastry around edges with water. Cut remaining pastry sheet into 1-inch-wide strips. Place over filling diagonally in lattice fashion one inch apart. Trim strips and edges where needed. Press ends of lattice to seal.

BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown to the center. Place remaining morsels over filling between lattice strips while still hot out of oven. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into pieces; serve warm.

donnA06-02-2006 11:19 PMThats sounds awesome Gayle, I think I gained 2 pounds reading the recipe.

Not_hard_to_find06-03-2006 06:41 AMHere's a 'different' baked bean recipe. Try some of the adaptations:

Sweet and Sour Baked Beans
    8 Slices Bacon
    4 Onions, sliced in rings
    1/2 Cup Brown sugar, packed
    1 Teaspoon Mustard
    1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
    1 Teaspoon Salt
    1/2 Cup Cider vinegar
    2 15 oz Can Butter beans
    1 1lb Can Lima beans
    1 1lb Can Red kidney beans
    1 1lb Can Baked beans
    Fry bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove from pan, drain on paper towel, then crumble and set aside. Separate onion slices into rings and cook in bacon drippings until tender, but not browned. Stir in sugar, mustard, garlic powder, salt and vinegar. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
    Drain butter, lima and kidney beans. Mix all beans with onion mixture and bacon and turn into a 3 quart casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

Adaptations --
    1 - Maple flavored bacon
    2 - Fewer onions. Used only two large onions
    3 - Balsamic vinegar instead of cider
    4 - When doubling recipe, add additional bean types: white northern, green lima, red beans, etc.
    5 - Use Bush's Maple flavored baked beans with maple bacon.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

oh great, thanks Sue, glad we got the recipes back.

19. I Am Blessed 24

Stuffed Peppers with Turkey and Vegetables

Stuffed Peppers with Turkey and Vegetables

Turkey and a variety of vegetables make a great filling for stuffed green bell peppers.

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
    Cook Time: 30 Minutes
    Ready In: 50 Minutes
    Yields: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS

4 green bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
    1 pound ground turkey
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 onion, chopped
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 zucchini, chopped
    1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
    1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
    1 cup fresh spinach
    1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    Italian seasoning to taste
    garlic powder to taste
    salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    Wrap the green bell peppers in aluminum foil, and place in a baking dish. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat.
    In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until evenly brown. Set aside. Heat oil in the skillet, and cook onion, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender. Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in the tomatoes and tomato paste, and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stuff the green peppers with the skillet mixture.
    Return peppers to the oven, and continue cooking 15 minutes.

20. I Am Blessed 24

Easy and Fast Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cook Time: 35 Minutes
    Ready In: 50 Minutes
    Yields: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
    1/4 pound bacon
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
    1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
    1 tablespoon light olive oil
    1 head romaine lettuce- rinsed, dried and chopped
    1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
    Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.

In a preheated skillet, add the chicken, seasoning mix and oil. Cook until chicken is golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
    In a salad bowl, combine Romaine, enough salad dressing to coat, Parmesan cheese and bacon. Toss and place on individual salad plates. Top with the sliced chicken and serve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.