1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BB search: HAYULP ME!!!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Gina B, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I obviously don't know how to use it, since I've never been able to find anything with it. :(
    How far does it go back?? I'm looking for a post of mine a long time ago about "the seven Spirits of God". I know I posted it under "Gina", or if my name was different then it was at least under the same member #. I need it and can't find it at my desk, although I know I had written about it before I made that post!
    Gina

2. Son of Consolation

Son of Consolation New Member

da Gina, kindly go to the particular forum where you think your article is to be found, change your search setting "Show topics from last 30 days" to "Show all topics." You should find the article. [​IMG]

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks, I did try that already. Still searching some more though!
    Gina

4. Baptist Vine

Baptist Vine Member
    Site Supporter

I've managed to find all kinds of things by searching the way Barnabas describes, including the few posts I've made, posts from others where I could only remember a few key words.

The search feature works pretty well I think.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm sure it does, I'm just not that smart when it comes to that kinda stuff. I could paint you a pic of how it makes me feel though! LOL
    Actually, I noticed that it doesn't seem to show anything prior to April of 2001, although I did change my preferences to "show all", and it was most likely before that.
    Gina

6. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't feel bad, da Gina. This has nothing to do with you not being smart. I've tried to hayulp u and I can't find it either - AND I KNOW I'M SMART!!! :D ;)

7. Son of Consolation

Oh, you are talkin' about the time before the great flood? Why don't you say so da Gina?! Those were eliminated in order to make room for the current topics. This site is not an unlimited storage, as you may guessed. We need every little corner of space. Sorry but if you'd like to save your posts or something you like on a specific thread, you should save it on your hard drive (in the "Printer-friendly view of this topic" version). [​IMG]

[ June 17, 2002, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Barnabas ]

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The Great Flood? LOL. I see, and I'll remember that. TY to those who tried to help, I'll just redo it for the board I wanted to post it on. [​IMG]
    Gina

9. Son of Consolation

Congtatulations da Gina for reaching and surpassing your 2,000th post! [​IMG] I just noticed that.

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Barnabas I didn't mean to go off topic here but wonder if you might elaborate on what you said:

This site is not an unlimited storage, as you may guessed. We need every little corner of space. I didn't know this and how is it determined when an old thread is deleted? Also noticed that the debate forum is no longer around. Would you or the webmaster start a topic on this and maybe through this knowledge we could control the length of some of these posts. I was in the dark on this subject and I'm sure there are other like myself. If something is lengthy from now on I'll post a link. This is something that needs to be discussed especially by those who post daily!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

[ June 18, 2002, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: tyndale1946 ]

11. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Is there any way to do a search on all forums at once? There are so many different forums here that sometimes it is hard to figure out in which forum a topic may have been discussed. It seems that somewhere in my fuzzy brain I can remember seeing in the search on a different board using this format a search option for all forums.

12. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Brother Glen -

Since there was no interest shown in the debate forum, the webmaster and I communicated and concurred that we should just eliminate it. If anyone wishes to have such a debate, we can use the same format in one of the other forums.

As for the deleting of those old topics like Gina was asking about, The webmaster explains why those went in this thread: http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=40&t=000004&p=

Also, periodically the webmaster and I (moreso the webmaster) will roam the catacombs of the forums way back on the early pages and delete topics that are irrelevant or got no responses. I really doubt that anyone would do a search for any of those, however.

Hope this helps.

13. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the information Brother Clint and I'm glad to see this is done. Like the saying goes... An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We hold maintenance on the cars we drive and the computer we use and the sites we access should be the same. Every now and then you have to purge the Baptist Board to keep it in tip top condition... Besides we are talking about the Lord and this is not just any other site!... Brother Glen [​IMG]