1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Be Encouraged!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ben W, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Written to his wife during one difficult time in the work of the China Inland Mission'-"We have twenty five cents-and all the promises of God."-J. Hudson Taylor

2. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

that man has a lot of faith Praise God! I don't know if I would be like him if i were in his situration.

3. mima

mima New Member

I spent time in China four years ago and I can just imagine what China must have looked like in the days of J. Hudson Taylor. Strangely the Chinese population is both controlled(on the surface) and surprisingly independent and expressive in private. For example the custom in China when you are going to pay for the meal is to say, I invite you to dinner. The word invite implies without your saying so, that you are willing, able, and ready to pay. Once you're at dinner(just you two) surprising questions may arise and even more surprising unbelievable criticism comes forth about the their own country. I saw one fight in China between two women. And when those standing round saw what I was an American watching they immediately jumped in and broke up the fight, as if to say they were embarrassed that a foreigner should see this.