1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Beast movie advertisement on BB

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by av1611jim, Jan 17, 2005.

1. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

What on Earth? Why is this supposed Baptist web site advertising a blatantly anti-christ movie?

I clicked on the pop-up ad, skimmed the site, saw the trailer, surveyed the discussion board, and lo and behold! it is anti-christ.

What is the Admin doing here? Have you all lost your minds?

Please clarify.

In HIS service;
    Jim

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Pop ups aren't coming from the Baptistboard I was told when I first started getting lots of them. It is probably casued by ad ware on your computer.
    You need to find out for sure before you start accusing people.

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Look at the header/footer of any page. It is there and it is NOT from my computer. Some of the others are Baptist 1000, Baptist Top 1000, eChristian web hosting, etc...

In HIS service;
    Jim

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'm sorry, you did specify it was a pop up, not a banner ad

6. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

That doesn't negate the concern...there are definetly issues with this one...

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Nomenclature was/is not my strong suit.

In HIS service;
    Jim

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I mentioned this too Jim in the 06/06/06 thread, yet when I want it to come up so I can email it in to the Moderators, it wont come up!

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

It does make a difference, is it a pop up ad as he describes, or paid advertisement on the BB?

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Those ads are provided through Google. We needed the URL to ban them. Webmaster was given the URL yesterday and he manually has to add it to the list of ads he doesn't want on Baptist Board.

If you see any offensive ads, PLEASE capture the URL and send it to an administrator who can post it or IM it to Webmaster to ban.

Thanks!
    Diane

11. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

It does make a difference, is it a pop up ad as he describes, or paid advertisement on the BB? </font>[/QUOTE]Donna;
    Give it a rest will ya'?
    I have already cleared up the misunderstanding. This issue is passe' now. The mod's and admin have already dealt with it. You would know this if you had read the whole thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In HIS service;
    Jim

12. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It just came up at the bottom of my screen, where the Google ads usually appear, so it's not eradicated yet.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

It does make a difference, is it a pop up ad as he describes, or paid advertisement on the BB? </font>[/QUOTE]Donna;
    Give it a rest will ya'?
    I have already cleared up the misunderstanding. This issue is passe' now. The mod's and admin have already dealt with it. You would know this if you had read the whole thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In HIS service;
    Jim
    </font>[/QUOTE]I have read the whole thread, apparently you have not. I was addressing what was in the original post, with the same answer that was given me by the webmaster on 'pop up' ads, which is what the op said it was. The op did not say it was a banner ad, but a 'pop up'.
    And apparenly no it was not taken care of since Debby just saw it.

14. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Peace...

The issue is about an offensive ad appearing on the bulletin board. I'm sure our administrators have remedied it or are in-work.

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Believe it or not, Webmaster has a real job with long hours and a long commute. I've sent him the link and I'm sure he'll take care of this as soon as possible. Poor guy gets a copy of every 'report post' and hundreds of emails.

Diane

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Webmaster has been in meetings all day and just assured me he'll ban that movie site tonight. It appears it might have more than one URL. If you see the ad, please capture and post the URL for us to verify.

Diane

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We found the problem. The URL we needed was not the actual movie URL. It was 'fixed' and banned this morning.

Diane

18. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Call it faith in the MODS and ADMIN.
    When I said it was dealt with, that is what I meant. IT was dealt with. And now,our gracious Lady Diane ( :eek: :D ) has confirmed it.

TA DAH!

Thank you Diane.

In HIS service;
    Jim

19. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is still comming through, as a banner at the top of the page?

20. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I have not seen it Ben. But if that's so then our Admin. need to get on the stick.

In HIS service;
    Jim