Beautiful people rather get daughters instead of sons?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jul 31, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

I read that they did a study on this and beautiful people have 36% higher chances to get a daughter as first child than not so beautiful people. Behind this scientists assume some kind of "evolutionary strategy" which goes like:
    Being beautiful is more profitable for a daughter than for a son and this means that beautiful parents get beautiful daughters which is good. A beautiful daughter is good. If the parents are not beautiful then they get a not so beautiful son but having a son is also good and for men beauty isn't that important anyway so it doesn't really matter if they have a beautiful son or an ugly son.
    Parents which are rather science-orientated rather get sons as children and these sons can profit from their smart parents and find a woman using their intellect while women have the free choice out of the gene pool and this way they rather profit from beauty than men. I guess what they mean is that a beautiful woman can be dumb as bread and will still get a good man while a dumb man doesn't find a good woman. This is their great strategy....
    sounds pretty dumb to me. But what do we do with this 36%? If it's really a fact that beautiful people rather get daughters then how do we explain this?

2. gb93433

gb93433
    Expand Collapse

I doubt that all Miss America's are first born.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Sounds right to me. :love2: (proud father of 4 daughters) :smilewinkgrin:

4. El_Guero

El_Guero
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Since it was for first child and not all 4, does that mean you are or are not beautiful.

:smilewinkgrin:

5. El_Guero

El_Guero
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

xx

On a more serious note, did you ever find a Bible believing church to fellowhsip with and a person to be discipled by?

6. music4Him

music4Him
    Expand Collapse

As a proud mother of 2 beautiful daughters and no sons...Thanks for the compliment, but I have 3 grandsons(2 are twins) and 1 granddaughter. Oh and they are beautiful too! So I guess we just threw that threoy out the winder (thats Texan for window). :smilewinkgrin: :laugh: :tongue3:

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson
    Expand Collapse

My wife is gorgeous, I'm handsome and so are my 3 sons. So, we can blow this study up. :smilewinkgrin:

We have friends that have said to my wife and I, in commenting on my good-looking boys, "You two breed well together." :laugh:

8. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher
    Expand Collapse

As another proud daddy of 4 girls, I believe there must some truth to it!

9. PJ

PJ
    Expand Collapse

xdisciplex, we really gotta find you a hobby! [​IMG]

10. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You forgot humble, my friend :smilewinkgrin:

11. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

I only have sons! *sniff* So at this point I guess I'll just have to say that I'm so glad that God looks at the inside :laugh:

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson
    Expand Collapse

PastorSBC, It's hard to be humble... :smilewinkgrin:

13. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher
    Expand Collapse

Don't cry! It'll be OK! Maybe God can still use you... and your sons... (JUST KIDDING!!) We plan on having sons(-in-law) one day - already house broken. We only ask that they're committed Believers (and wealthy beyone all measure wouldn't be bad either).

14. gb93433

gb93433
    Expand Collapse

I am a first born and so is my wife. Where does that put us?

15. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

I just wonder if this is true. If it's true then I wonder what purpose it has.

16. TaterTot

TaterTot
    Expand Collapse

you serious?

17. El_Guero

El_Guero
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

xx

You asked if someone could find you a discipler. you need a godly discipler. you need a paul and you need to become a timothy. you allow the things of the World to distract you.

Humbly

Wayne

18. donnA

donnA
    Expand Collapse

A prime example of worldiness, looking at the outside and calling someone better becasue of it, I guess if the first child was a boy the parents are less attractive? Nope, sorry, not buying it.

19. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely. If this is really true then this principle has to be from God, he must have established it. There is no other explanation. Then I ask myself why did God do this.

Wayne,
    you talk as if Pauls were so easy to find. Do you really think there is a christian who knows a lot and who also has time and interest in teaching somebody like me? Come on. Those christians which really know a lot are either working or in ministry and have no time. And besides this I do not know a 21th century Paul.
    I also think about how great everything could be if I had a nice church and a nice pastor who also knows me and who could answer my questions but I don't have these things. Thinking about this only drags me down. I cannot change my circumstances. Do you not think I would like to make progress? Of course I would but alone everything is so hard. I have to motivate myself and do everything alone and this is very hard and doesn't work. I am not good at motivating myself. I waste most of my time.

#19 xdisciplex, Aug 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2006