1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Become friends ........

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Become friends with people who aren't your age. Hang out with people whose first language isn't the same as yours. Get to know someone who doesn't come from your social class. This is how you see the world. This is how you grow.

Anonymous​

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of my regrets of the total of eight years I spent in Germany (with the US Army) was not interacting more with the local nationals.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely agree. :thumbs:

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly. Totally correct.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hmmm, I am not sure if I would use the word "grow" , the thought is right. It is often the person you are greeting has concerns...real or imagined! But the collection of priests, brothers and nuns is a mini United Nations here....currently to native born NZers, a Canadian, Belgium, Phillapinos,Indian, Australian, American etc. The unifying part is our religion.

6. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

I can't seem to make friends with people who are my same age group, social class level, etc. Would I have better success outside of my own 'group?'

7. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Don't see why not...it is a matter of one's comfort zone I guess. I now live in rural NZ in a town, it is not a rich town so people are not so fashion conscious, obviously there is a percentage at the top end of the social pyramid, but I like the fact that there are lots of second hand clothes stores, and dollar shops