1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Been to China recently?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 27, 2004.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Anyone been to China recently? How closed to the gospel?

Near Beijing?

2. Gayla

Gayla New Member

No, and neither apparently has anyone else.

Our church supports a Missionary family to China, they were here on furlough a few months ago.
    He said the 'foreigners' could have church services openly, but the Chinese Nationals have to gather secretly.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been 8 years since my last trip. Only Protestant Church in Beijing was padlocked when I was there.

4. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My 18 year old daughter is there now in Yantai, where Hudson Taylor established his school. She is with a single lady who is officially in the country as a university English teacher, but is free to share the gospel when students come to her apartment for "office hours."

5. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

A College age girl in a church nearby just got back from spending an entire summer in China. She was there with a Missionary who was officially in the country as an educator. They work with the underground church to get them Bibles and other information. She said that the people are very open, but it is then very hard to disciple them because of the laws. Another lady I know used to go to China every year to bring Bibles. They used to meet their contacts at the airport Baggage pickup. That is no longer a possibility and since she is older, she cannot carry her luggage to the new pickup site.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I would give my eye teeth to at least go there for the Olympics in 2008. I wish I could go to prepare the way.