1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Beer Drinking In Germany

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preacher4truth, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I do not believe that consuming alcoholic drinks is forbidden in scripture, but being drunk is. Paul told Timothy to use a little wine for his stomach's sake. Apparently, Timothy had stomach problems, and wine would ease the discomfort. Jesus also turned water into wine, and I'm sure He also made it fermented since the guests said it was the best wine they had drunk that day. I don't think they would have said that if all He did was turn the water into grape juice.

2. Ternera

Ternera New Member

I think it depends on the culture of alcohol consumption in a particular country. If Germans drink beer and don't get drunk from it - fine, they can drink. Same thing is about frenchmen and their wine. The Bible does not prohibit alcohol consumption, it prohibits EXCESSIVE alcohol consumption.
    However sometimes it is appropriate to abstain from alcohol. For example, in my and my husband's old countries, where alcoholism is widespread and many people have alcohol-related problems, it is better not to drink at all.
    1 Cor, 6:12
    Rom 14:21