1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Before D.C. Gets Our Money, It Owes Us Some Answers: Newt Gingrich

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"If this were a Democratic administration the Republicans in the House and Senate would be demanding answers and would be organizing for a “no” vote.

If a Democratic administration were proposing this plan, Republicans would realize that having Connecticut Democratic senator Chris Dodd (the largest recipient of political funds from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) as chairman of the Banking Committee guarantees that the Obama-Reid-Pelosi-Paulson plan that will emerge will be much worse as legislation than it started out as the Paulson proposal.

If this were a Democratic proposal, Republicans would remember that the Democrats wrote a grotesque housing bailout bill this summer that paid off their left-wing allies with taxpayer money, which despite its price tag of $300 billion has apparently failed as of last week, and could expect even more damage in this bill.

But because this gigantic power shift to Washington and this avalanche of taxpayer money is being proposed by a Republican administration, the normal conservative voices have been silent or confused."

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZGE5MmE0YmRiODA3YTRiNzFlN2FmNDU5N2I0ZDc3YTE=

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

i listened to an interview with Newt on this on my way home from work yesterday. It totally shocked me because I agreed with everything he said. (I'ver been a fan of his but he's right on the money about this.)

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

Your right on the money with this comment. Whatever the bail out proposal Dodd should resign from the Banking Committee. If Pelosi were doing her job he would be out already. Yea, I know the democrat she appoints to take his place will probably not be much better but when you get caught like this there has to be some kind of penalty.