1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

before the fall, what was love like?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by UnchartedSpirit, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

We will not want relationships the way we do on earth -- we will be totally satisfied with being with Christ.

2. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

...you mean, we'll decide not to want relationships...although I can see why with all those couples serving themselves and Christ... wouldn't work out according to Matthew...seems like God is more jealous about that in Heaven than he is on earth.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I wouldn't say that God is jealous of marital relationships; He created them!

But keep in mind that marriage here on earth reflects the marriage of the Bridegroom Christ and His bride, the Church. That is probably one reason why there is no earthly type marriage in heaven.

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I don't believe we will losef our relationships with those we knew on earth....in a general way, I mean. We will still recognize each other, and know our friends and loved ones, and I believe we will still have the capacity to meet and make new friends. All my opinion of course. But no marriage in there, thats all.

5. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Pr 27:20 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.

In heaven, no matter what you're doing, or not doing, you'll be "satified".

Our "restless spirit" will finally find "rest", forever. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I wish I could answer this one, but I wasn't there. ;)