1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Behold I STAND at the door and Knock Rev 3

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by BobRyan, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Give me a break, he holds to all 5 points of TULIP. He writes about Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace and Perseverance of the Saints in his posts.

What did Abraham Lincoln say? If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does it have? Four, calling a tail a leg does not make it so.

Being a 5 point Calvinist and calling yourself something else does not change anything, you are a Calvinist.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

In your remark about Biblicist above you obviously are not referring to yourself as unbiased.

Like Biblicist I resist the Calvinist label, and for at least two reasons:

1. I do not agree with Calvin on certain issues like infant baptism and Church government.

2. Sadly the name Calvinism has become a pejorative.

I do believe the Doctrines of Election and Sovereign Grace are supported by a correct understanding of Scripture.

I quoted the following earlier in reference to you Winman. Sadly I believe they very accurately describe you and your posts.

Acts 8:23. For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Winman is a ONE POINT Calvinist. He uses 90% of his posts slamming the Doctrines of Election and Sovereign Grace and those who call themselves Calvinists and turns out he has Calvinist leanings!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

I agree with some points of Calvinism. Calvinism is not all wrong, but then, neither is Catholicism or even Jehovah's Witness. Even false religions contain some truth.

I believe in Inability. No man is born with the knowledge of God or Jesus Christ, and no man could be saved unless God teaches him. This is why we are commanded to go out and preach the gospel. Paul implied in Rom 10:14 that no man can believe in Jesus unless he has heard of him, and no man can hear unless a preacher be sent. So, no man can be saved without the grace of God. I simply believe that grace is the word of God, and those persons who God sends out to preach the gospel.

So, I believe in Inability, but this inability is due to ignorance, not that we lack the ability to believe the gospel when we hear it.

I also do not believe you can lose salvation, but I do not believe we persevere, I believe we are preserved. We are born again of the Holy Spirit of incorruptible seed, we cannot fall away in unbelief (1 Jhn 3:9).

I do not believe in Unconditional Election, I believe God in his foreknowledge could foresee who would believe on Jesus in time and chose them. This is conditional.

I do not believe in Irresistible Grace, the scriptures are full of men who rejected God and the gospel.

I do not believe in Limited Atonement, I believe Jesus died for all men, including those who refuse to believe on him.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Correction I hold to preservation not perseverance.

Correction I hold to a universal atonement of the Adamic sin and definite atonement of the elect.

Ask before you start claiming you know what others believe or don't believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.