1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Being a cynic linked to tripled risk of developing dementia

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 29, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (....oh man, I can't do it, I just can't be like the rest of those happy idiots...can't...just can't...it's just not possible...I've tried to be like those people, but I just can't do it......)

24 But Jesus did not trust himself unto them, for that he knew all men,
    25 and because he needed not that any one should bear witness concerning man; for he himself knew what was in man. Jn 2

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Methuselah must have been a smiling jackass all those centuries.

But supposing this study is true-- and a statement near the end says there were not enough subjects to be conclusive-- could dementia not be just an outgrowth, or maturity, of a tendency toward cynicism? After all, paranoia is a major characteristic of dementia.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

They're misusing the word. They probably meant to say someone with a consistently sour outlook on life. True cynics happen, but are not quite common and cannot be classified as just grumpy or having a negative view of x or y for a genuine or borne of experience reason.