1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Being a good witness to those you dont see

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Amanda, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Amanda

Amanda New Member

Whats a good way to be a good witness around unsaved family members but you really dont see them and you know time is running out...I have an uncle whose getting closer to dieing.. heart troubles and overweight and can't get a heart transplant. I dont think he is saved as for the 18 years i have known him he has gone to church I think once..
    -------------------------------------------------
    http://groups.msn.com/IndependantFundamentalBaptists

2. Headcoveredlady

Headcoveredlady New Member

Prayer and fasting. And if possible try to establish a relationship by writing letters. I know how you feel, I have many family members who are unsaved.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    HeadCoveredLady is right. Prayer and fasting are appropriate ways of seeking God and seeking His will and power.

I like the card/letter writing, too.

But I would also tell him once, to his face, and in private that you are burdened for his soul and that God loves him and that you are committed to praying for him everyday.

He may shy away or push you away if you start immediately with the Bible or plan of salvation. But then, again he might readily receieve it!! Seek God's opinion, not ours.

But most people I know don't cringe or push away someone who tells them earnestly and briefly that he or she is burdened over them and is praying for a salvation experience and a relationship with God.

Tell him. If you can't do to his face, then send him a card.

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O. [​IMG]
    <><