1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Being haunted by Devils/Ghosts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Winman—I have no doubt your telling the truth—unfortunately if someone has not experienced similar events—they’ll have no idea about how valid your description is!

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Thanks, I appreciate that you believe me.

I haven't finished the story, it gets worse. This was a REAL problem.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't talk about these things much with other people, but when I do, I am usually asked, "How do you know that you are really dealing with the demonic instead of just your imagination or someone playing a trick?"

That's a good question.

One of the big tip-offs is that things start moving around or fly across the room. That's pretty common experience from what I have experienced and heard from other credible sources.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Another is being jarred awake by laughing children above you, laying there thinking it must have been a dream, and hearing your wife whisper to you "did you just hear children laughing?" after getting ready to dismiss it as natural phenomenon.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, being Philippine you caught something others didn't, I'll rephrase from beriberi evil, to very very evil. :)

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If you did not catch my last post, I did apologize for making light of your story. I related one story that became so common and still is, that I basically ignore it. A house settling does not explain eight parakeets flapping their wings wildly at 2AM followed by a distinct pattern of footsteps in the attic. The timing between the footsteps is exactly someone walking a slow pace. On top of that, our house is on a slab, which makes settling at a pace of footsteps quite unlikely. I cannot count the times I have put down the attic steps and turned on the light to find nothing.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

SN, saw that...my comment wasn't directed to you, I thought I replied to SalzerMtn, I'll have to go back to double check...

8. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Call Ghost Busters.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

A house settling does not explain a heavy crystal candleholder that probably weighed several pounds flying upward for 15-20 feet and striking my daughter's bed, but that is what happened.

To continue my story, I went down and examined the broken crystal on my daughter's bedroom floor. This was crystal, extremely hard glass to break, but it was shattered in a dozen pieces or more. I observed the dent in the wood on the canopy over my daughter's bed where it was struck. There was simply no explanation for this.

My daughter would not sleep in her bedroom for several months after this, she would only enter her room to get clothes or things she needed. She would sleep on the couch upstairs. Eventually. she did return to her room, but she never turned the lights out, and she surrounded her bed with about 10 Bibles.

But this was still not the end of it, next to my daughter's bedroom was a small laundry room with washer and dryer, and of course my wife spent much time in there.

About a month after the flying candleholder incident my wife was in the laundry room when she felt a violent tugging on her dress. She thought it was one of the smaller kids, my daughters were now about 9 and 6 years old, and we had a new daughter that was a little over a year old. Anyway, my wife was irritated by this tugging on her dress and yelled, "Cut it out!". The kids answered, "Are you talking to us Mom?". She turned around and the kids were about 25 feet away in the workshop portion of our basement. My wife told me about this when I got home from work that day.

The next day my wife was in the laundry room again when she felt a human hand on her shoulder. She turned around and there was no one there. This terrified her and she rushed upstairs.

Then, about two days later my oldest daughter, who was about 17 or 18 now was coming down the stairs holding the 1 year old on her hip. As she came down the stairs she felt hands trying to push her down the stairs. She had to grab hold of the handrail and hang on for dear life to keep from falling. The baby on her hip was swinging her hands behind my daughter as though she was fighting this invisible person. Finally, this invisible person quit pushing and my daughter was able to come up the steps.

Well, that was it, the whole family was in a real panic now, we were all terrified of this "invisible person" as we called it. We didn't know what to do, and everybody was looking at me for a solution. I pretended to be brave, but the truth is this thing frightened me just as much as it frightened everyone else. Yeah, I know, greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world, I repeated this verse many times, but it is still difficult not to be frightened when you have a "demon" in your home.

Our assistant pastor lived on the next street and I went over and got him. I told him the whole story and he could see I was not joking and believed me. He came straight over and talked with us. The first thing he said was that whatever this thing is, God is allowing it. That made me angry, why would God want to haunt and frighten a Christian family? I think the pastor could see I was angry for him saying this.

Anyway, we all prayed together as a group that God would drive this entity out of our home. And after that we did not have any more incidents until we moved out of the home about a year later, and have not had any more incidents since.

People can laugh and mock if they want, but this is a true story, and this thing bothered us for nearly 5 years in all. It was not cool or funny or anything like that. We did not like living in a haunted house and we did not like having a ghost, or demon, or whatever this invisible person was in our house. People can laugh and joke, but we were not laughing at all.

10. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

So what you are saying is, you believe there are powers in this universe that are equal with or has more power than God. If you don't believe God is allowing this thing to happen, what you are really saying is, God don't have the power to control it. So in reality you are saying this thing is god. When people get cancer I imagine their fear would be as great as seeing or hearing a ghost, but not all people would react like you did. A person that believes God is sovereign would say, God is allowing it. Do all you people that don't believe in the complete sovereignty of God live a scared to death life ?

11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Part of his problem comes from his belief that Jacob actually overpowered God in their wrestling match, concluding that Jacob is physically stronger than God. There are many more problems but this is just one example. His interpretation was for him an 'a-ha' moment and the Sovereignty and power of God came down a notch or two and man is exalted. There has to be a distinction between knowing what Scripture says and knowing what it means and therein lies the struggle.

12. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

You and Mild Salzer Sauce must be joking right? Others are simply telling their experiences here, and somehow you idiots turn that into a problem with someones theology? Apparently you didn't notice that there were those who lean toward Calvinism that experienced the same thing, but yet only those who are non Calvinist that experience these things hate the sovereignty of God.

You wouldn't know what Scripture said if a brain surgeon planted 2 MP3 players on each eardrum and one in your medulla oblongata and played Genesis through Revelation on a 24 hour loop. If Bible verses were computer data you wouldn't know enough to program a Pez Dispenser. Why don't you 2 go buy a harmonica and practice for the old folks you'll be living with because at the rate of stupid you're going you'll be admitted there within a few weeks. While you're there you can write some jingles to your sugar cookie theology, and if you play it loud enough maybe you'll get an extra dose of Icantgetanydumber in a purple gel pill before bedtime.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Non sequitur much?

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This thread will probably be closed due to this post, but I have to give it a hearty AMEN regardless :laugh:

I don't think even with Bill Gates' money they would have enough to buy a clue. Their entire purpose of being on the BB is to cyber bully and troll. One's an alleged pastor.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he's an alleged Doctor & a Christian.....:laugh:

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...which makes you an alleged violator of BB rules in questioning the salvation of another member.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont care & he is a schmuck!

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That speaks volumes right there.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boo! :tongue3:

20. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Being accused of not being a Christian from someone that uses a screen name of an occult band doesn't bother me in the least :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.