1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Being haunted by Devils/Ghosts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, what I was questioning is that God allows things like this to happen to Christians. Neither I, nor my family is Job, so there is no reason to test our faith as God allowed Satan to do. Folks do not realize the story of Job is the exception and not the rule.

And unlike many of you Calvinists, I believe Satan is God's adversary, he is not God's hit man doing his dirty work for him as some of you believe.

And I wonder how brave you and P4T would be if things actually started flying around your house. You guys TALK big, but anybody can TALK.

2. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

No, Satan isn't just God's hitman in Calvinism, God DEPENDS on Satan to prove He is sovereign in Calvinism. In Calvinism, without Satan God would not have any sovereignty at all.

If one of them ran into Satan, since they believe it's all determined anyway, Satan would just tell them "who are you to reply against God?" and commence to pummeling them.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They generally provide counseling for stories like that.....have you spoken to anyone.....perhaps a Christian councelor? Curious, did you consult your Pastor? If so, what did he say?

Now Im not denying what you say is true or false.... just what does Christianity say about these incidences?

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Why would Satan bother with them? Even Jesus said Satan is smart enough not to be divided against himself.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You havent got a good enough appreciation for Calvinism I take it.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Did you read the story? It was our assistant pastor who said God allowed this.

I do not agree with this idea that Satan is constantly asking God's permission to afflict Christians as happened in the story of Job. I believe that was very exceptional as Job was a very exceptional believer.

I believe Satan has a great deal of freedom to act on his own. When the Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out devils by Beelzebub, Jesus said Satan is not divided against himself. That would also be true of God, God did not cause these persons to be demon possessed.

No, Satan has a great deal of freedom to go around causing trouble, and he probably loves to target Christians. Why does he need to target the lost? So I did not agree with what my assistant pastor said.

But God did cast this invisible person out after we prayed, we never had trouble again.

But if you think this would not frighten you, I bet you would be MORE frightened than we were. Talkers are just that, talkers.

7. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

You may as well have another account called "Ouija Board" no different then "Earth Wind & Fire".

And did you ever put any thought into your signature? You used a Calvinist slogan "If it were not for God choosing SOME", and then right before it say the Word dwells among all the poor and unemployed. So are are all poor and unemployed saved or just SOME of them? Or perhaps they are just generally unemployed but not effectually unemployed. What a statement, you sure aren't the crispiest wing in the bucket that's for sure.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And did I suggest I wouldn't be frightened? But Im more frightened by people. Ive seen war, poverty, disdain for people in dire need, ..... ie brutality & mans inhumanity to man (and animals), sexual perverts preying on children etc. Now that really frightened me.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh, I agree. But I tell you, it is not fun to have objects moving around your house all by themselves. And when this being tried to push my daughter down the stairs, that was VERY frightening, especially for my children.

You would have had to be there to appreciate it, we got so no one wanted to go down into our basement. We wanted to move, but it was not possible at the time.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Just last night my Ouija board was in contact with Richard Nixon. He said that he was in purgatory while higher ups evaluated the rest of the tapes. After asking what he had been doing, he said he enrolled in culinary school but failed. When I asked him why he said "I am not a cook."

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

I am not trying to change the subject here but look at it from a different angle. I can get many unsaved, even false teachers as a J.W. to read this verse or to say "Jesus is Lord." But it certainly is not "by the Holy Spirit."
    Then what does the verse mean?
    Does not this verse imply Satanic activity?
    Does it happen today?
    If so, how?

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

How does that imply Satanic activity? The verse means just what it says, a saved person will not call Jesus accursed, it is not in a saved person's nature. At the same time, without a touch of the Holy Spirit, no one would come to Jesus.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How do you know that?
    I think there is more to that verse than meets the eye.
    However it is the second part of the verse that I questioned you or others about. What does it mean? Many unsaved people say that Jesus is Lord. Benny Hinn does it all the time. I don't believe that he is saved. Any person who teaches there in 9 persons in the trinity and that "we are all little gods running around on this earth," is not saved. But Benny Hinn has no problem proclaiming that Jesus is Lord. He does it all the time.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He should have said, the unsaved can misrepresent & use Jesus. The V8 guy is the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing & there is a ton of that going on.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I know that because I can read English. In the actual verse, Jesus is Lord means that Jesus is the center of someone's life. That means they worship Jesus Christ and adore Him in every aspect of daily life. It permeates every fiber of their being.

People like Benny Hinn, Robert Tilton, etc who say Jesus is Lord, say it with a head knowledge, not heart. In fact, they probably just look at the phrase Lord Jesus as part of the job. No doubt Satan and his demons have no problem saying Lord Jesus minus to worship and adoration.

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think paul is referring to the profession of true faith in jesus as Lord can ONLY be done thru the work of the Spirit in us, and that the one who denies Jesus claims are those speaking by antichrist spirit in the world even back then!

17. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I don't like the word horrendous, I certainly agree with you here. :p

18. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree Mitch.

19. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the way, I do realize this sounds pretty trite and antisocial, beameup. :p

20. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I don't believe that the spiritual realm is any more or less subdued than it was in Jesus' day, I do believe that there will be more demonic activity present on the earth in the tribulation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.