1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Belief in Evolutionism debunked by former evolutionist

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Bump.........................

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I could care less about Dilday. My position is that scripture is what it claims to be: 100% truth, 100% fully inspired by God. Any deviations or discrepancies found in scripture do not detract from the fact that it is 100% truth, and 100% fully inspired by God.

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The real missing link in science is Jesus who created the whole Universe.

#283 Jedi Knight, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
  4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Alleged discrepancies, you mean.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are two approaches to scripture that evolutionists take -- so we should be careful not to gloss over the different methods used.

1. It so claim that scripture is actually not trying to say what you see it saying -- it "means to say" that God took a long long time to do everything -- (Almost story about Moses trying to teach Darwinism but in language that the shepherds and former slaves can grasp).

2. The other claim is that the Bible is simply wrong on some details of history or how many days was involved in creation, or what was created on what day, or how long a day is, or other specific accounts and so it relies on myth and culture and legend for some things. But in regard to salvations doctrines, it is correct.

in Christ,

Bob

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

If believing in evolution robs God of his glory of creation, then it's not worth it.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Is it inerrant in word or purpose?

8. billwald

billwald New Member

Whatshisname from Chapel Hill teaches that there are more variations in ancient NT texts than there words in the NT.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The simple fact is: Creation and Evolution are mutually exclusive. There is no such thing as a compromise as some try to do with "theistic evolution." It doesn't work. You can't have both. One is exclusive of the other. Pick your choice. You can't stand on the fence and say you believe in both. It's impossible.

Julian Huxley, the great promoter and advocate of Creation said this: "I believe in evolution not because it is "credible;" but rather because belief in God is far too "incredible."
    What was he saying. Simply put, I want to believe in some system of philosophy that disregards God. If I believe in evolution then I don't have to submit to God as my Creator, and I don't have to have Him as my master. He knew what the consequences were of truly believing in Christ were. Evolution is nothing but an atheistic religion. It is not science at all.

10. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

:thumbs: The sum of it all!

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Darwin himself admitted to that fact.

In the movie "Expelled" Dawkins, Provine and P.C Meyers all agree to that same fact.

True. In fact atheists were being laughed at in many cases prior to acceptance of evolutionism - simply on the basis that it was thought to be senseless to argue that life just "poppped up" out of the ground.

Life was an argument for which they could not show an "experiement" to produce the result without God.

But then Darwin helped to promote evolutionism to popular acceptance and thus as many atheists noted "it finally became possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist".

How true!

in Christ,

Bob

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed. You can "believe" one or the other.

Choose you this day whom you will "believe".

in Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The video in the OP shows science argument after science argument in favor of intelligent design and debunking the myths of evolutionism. Why do people continue then to suppose "by faith alone" that "some day evolutionists will come up with a story to circumvent those science facts"??

I see no point in extending one's faith down such a Bible-denying blind alley.

In Romans 1 Paul argues that even "barbarians" are "without excuse" if they pretend not to notice this.

in Christ,

Bob

14. billwald

billwald New Member

Ernst Mach, one of the greatest scientists of the beginning 20th century, missed out on investigating the greatest developments of that century because he refused to "believe in" anything that he couldn't see with his own eyes. Any parallel between Mach and the True Believers on this thread?

15. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Richard Dawkins admits that his faith in Darwin's therory led him to become an atheist. That's only NATURAL! I believe "as other strongly do too" that it's SUPERNATURAL selection....not Natural selection. Jesus said "you did not choose me,but I have chosen you.." :jesus:

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Having reached 30 pages it is time to close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.