1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BeliefNet

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JRG39402, Aug 23, 2006.

1. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

What do you think, non-calvinists (no offense, I just could guess your answer): Could someone be saved after clicking through beliefnet.com ? What is your opinion of it? Just curious.

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I'm not mistaken, the last time I looked at Belief.net (which was some time ago), they listed the Mormon church under the "Christianity" section. This isn't right.

I don't trust them.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think belief.net is Christian. If it is, that sure would surprise me because I see all kinds of non-Christian views there.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Beliefnet.com is not a Christian site. But there are many Christians on that site who post articles and on the message boards. Some Christians have difficulty interacting with those of different beliefs with conviction and grace in tandem. But I'm sure some get the balance right and can shine a beacon of light for Christ in a place like beliefnet.

Personally, I find there is so much arguing and fighting and so many different opinions that I find it difficult to read through. However, I have found some of their articles valuable in terms of hearing what certain religious leaders have to say about their own group or other groups.

I commend the originators of the site for taking up the bold task of setting up a place where people who often hate each other for their beliefs can talk.

5. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

In all honesty, don't you find some of that here on the Baptist Board? I expect it from some visitors that appear to enjoy confrontation, but I also see it from many who profess to be Baptist.

And, you are correct -- at least they are 'talking' and their beliefs are shared. On that score, the originators of this site are to be commended, too. And, appreciated!

6. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree that this is also found here. But to a much more limited extent. The arguments here are generally restricted to a few expected topics that are common to Baptists.