1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ben Carson for President

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 5, 2015.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Well said and he would not even raise his voice.

2. OldRegular

I like Carly Fiorina and would have no problem supporting her!

3. OldRegular

I believe Zaac's racism has come to the forefront again! That is unless it is Obama!

4. OldRegular

He wasn't too timid to call Obama out face to face!

5. OldRegular

That is obvious!

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point. He could be the man for such a time as this.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was actually thinking about that today

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea but he has been timid since then about other issues.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The GOP just doesn't know how to play the game. Ben Carson has three BLARING things going against him out the gate:

1) He's more unqualified than Barack Obama was in 2008 as the GOP so eloquently kept pointing out;

2) He's black.

Just as you had a large chunk of Dems vote for President Obama because he was black, there will be a large section of the GOP who wouldn't vote for Carson because he's black.

3) The GOP is reactionary and not pre-emptive. The country just broke ground and did the Black President thing. Folks won't vote for another black guy just for that reason. But the GOP wants to show everybody that they can be "progressive" too and nominate "the right kind of Black man" to do the job that they feel Barack Obama messed up.

Too late. The GOP should have countered in 2008 or 2012 with a black candidate.

Now the women want their opportunity and they will cross over from the GOP to vote for Hillary just because of the historic nature of the election.

If the GOP wants to throw a monkey wrench at Hillary, make Carly Fiorina the GOP nominee. She won't beat Hillary in the General election, but it would be more interesting than the slaughtering she's gonna do with any of the other GOP candidates.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Impossible.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Zman is finally admitting that Obama is unqualified.

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Point to is very much unfounded the Democratic party of good ole boys is known for their discrimination to the African Americans. While the republicans have always been the ones trying to stop discrimination. The Republican passed the first civil rights bill, and the first bills to give the African Americans the vote. It was a republican IKE who desegregated schools with a Republican House and Senate.

As for the run a woman against Hillary they ran a woman on the ticket against Mr. Obama they have already opened that door.

Hilary may not even be the Democratic nominee, almost everyone thought she was a shoe in 2008 and what happened a White man beat her and is in the White House now or is the term Mulatto a term used to refer to a person who is born from one black parent and one white parent.

Ben Carson from what we know is not a Mulatto but a true African American.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I said he was unqualified when he ran the first time. After four years doing the job, he was definitely more qualified than Mitt Romney the second time.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Correction. The current Democrat Party ain't your mama and daddy's Democrat Party. When Blacks shifted to the Democrat Party, the "good ole boys" high-tailed it to the GOP. SO there will be a huge chunk of the GOP that will not vote for a black man.

Have always been? Not hardly. Why do you think there was a shift of black voters from the GOP to the Democrat Party?

If the GOP had been trying to stop discrimination, they would still have the black voting bloc.

On the ticket. Not at the top. Big difference The Dems had already done that with Mondale/Ferraro in 1984. The GOP does not receive kudos for doing it a quarter of a century later.

If Hillary wants to be the nominee, and she does, she will be. She's got everything in her favor. And the country is on a "first" kick. Even if the GOP did run a woman against her, it would be viewed as a stunt and she would still handily win.

Doesn't mean much as far as qualifications to be President.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems I read, where a DNA test said he is 80% Black.

( I still have no ideal what a A-A is - and I refuse to use the term.)

16. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ben Carson is not a good choice for the Republican nominee.

He has no executive experience.

He has never been elected to any public office.

He has made some very troubling anti Bill of Rights statements.

He is a great neurosurgeon. He should stick to what he knows.

It is very true he is much like Obama was in 2008. How did that work out for you?

And to some of the Christian right his being a 7th day Adventist will be seen as a negative. Anyone who considers Ellen G. White's writings to be on a par with scripture, and believes all those who worship on Sunday bear the mark of the beast has, in my opinion, questionable judgment.

A better choice would be Senator Ted Cruz. He was

1. Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission,
    2. Associate deputy attorney general at the United States Department of Justice,
    3. Domestic policy advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush,
    4. Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to May 2008,
    5. Adjunct professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, from 2004 to 2009,
    6. Taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation,
    7. He graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy,
    8. He also graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.

He is a minority, and, or course, he is a Baptist, the son of a Baptist pastor. :)

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone can become President should they be elected which is the founding of this country. It is right, it is just, and it is needful. It puts the power of government in the hands of every American not just elitists. Ben Carson being elected would be a prime example of that.

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My head must be in the sand -
    What statements did he make about the BOR

Same ans

19. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”

“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conserva...cities/#ooid=5ydmxrcTouPVD0BiPhDggHBs5a4piD0T

Yes, and Romney lost because many on the religious right voted for a third party candidate or didn't vote at all.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Guess we won't be hearing anything from you about moral issues (abortion, same-sex marriage, etc.) during this election cycle.