1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benedict's History of American Baptists

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Jeff Weaver, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

Hi folks

For those that might be interested, I have scanned and put online David Benedicts chapters on Baptists in Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia and Virginia on my website. http://www.ls.net/~newriver/nrv.htm
    (click on the Churches and religion section to get there -- toward the bottom of the page). These weren't easy to scan, and I am sure there are tons of typos yet to be worked out, but I think the sense of what he wrote in 1848 is there.

I post them without comment on my part, but I don't think his historical research methods are up to par, but it is what it is.

2. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

Today, 1/10/2002, I added Benedict's chapter on North Carolina Baptists. Same directions on how to get there apply.

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jeff, it's good to see that you are back after missing awhile. I appreciate all the work you have put into getting Benedict's history online. Thanks for the link! [​IMG]

4. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

Thanks. Try to recover from some health misfortunes. Something to do to pass the time, hopefully they will be somewhat useful. I am debating about how much of it to do. It is hard scanning, and slow proofing. I did reproof the Virginia file, today. Will look at the NC file again tomorrow to see what the eyes missed today. I probably will do Tennessee and Kentucky and let the rest be.
    Hope you are doing well.

5. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm bumping this thread up to the top so that some of the new folks in this forum can see it. Mr Weaver has an EXTENSIVE site and link page that many of you may find to be a great resource. - Clint

6. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Clint for recalling this to our attention. Any of you who are interested in Baptist History will find a wealth of information on Brother Weaver's site. Happy hunting!! [​IMG]